mtbr member
    Jan 2008

is a Rock Shox Revelation World Cup worth the price?

I've got a 2012 Revelation RCT3 and have an opportunity to get a Revealtion world cup model. Anybody know the weight savings?
    thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Per the Sram website...120 grams for Carbon steerer. I'm not sure where the rest comes from.
    Carbon Crown-Steerer | Rockshox | SRAM

If you actually look up weights of RCT3 and WC models the weight difference is 157 grams. Rev RCT3 with 9mm qr is 1636 grams, Rev WC with 9mm qr is 1479 grams.

-RW

mtbr member
    I have a Revelation WC and a RLT Ti on two different bikes (both 2011 models). Aside from the weight difference, there is no discernable performance difference between the two. How much is that 120-157 grams worth to you?

I got a smoking deal on the WC, otherwise I would've settled for the aluminum crown/steerer.
    Loud hubs save lives. http://about.me/splat/

mtbr member
    The WC has a different damper, it does not have the 3-position RCT3 knob. I'd guess some of the weight comes from that. It's also available in the Keronite finish which allegedly saves a couple grams.

That sounds like a lot of money for not much weight savings, if weight is your goal. Worth of course is subjective; that wouldn't be worth it to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've got a chance to get one for about the same price so I guess I'll go with the World Cup model.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    The WC has a different damper, it does not have the 3-position RCT3 knob. I'd guess some of the weight comes from that. It's also available in the Keronite finish which allegedly saves a couple grams.

That sounds like a lot of money for not much weight savings, if weight is your goal. Worth of course is subjective; that wouldn't be worth it to me.
    Per SRAM the WC has the RCT3 damper. The WC XX has the XX damper, which is supposed to be a little lighter.

Revelation World Cup | SRAM

I only know, because I have been freakin' obsessing over which fork to buy for a new Fuel EX 9.9 I'm building up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by supersquad3 View Post
    I've got a chance to get one for about the same price so I guess I'll go with the World Cup model.
    What axle are you running? Wanna get rid of that RCT3?

-RW