mtbr member

Rock Shox Recon Silver air 29er Question (100mm - 120mm)

So, I'd like to have a little more travel on my Marin Pine mountain 29er. I've read that it is possible to take the spacer out of the fork leg....but I've also read that you have to replace the spring...I looked over the specs and info at sram .com and couldn't find any answers. I'm pretty good at wrenching, but have yet to crack open a fork and don't have the confidence to just open them up and see.....so, question is....

Anyone know if there's a spacer that can be removed to change the travel from 100-120mm?

Also, tips and tricks on how to remove it would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Brig View Post
    So, I'd like to have a little more travel on my Marin Pine mountain 29er. I've read that it is possible to take the spacer out of the fork leg....but I've also read that you have to replace the spring...I looked over the specs and info at sram .com and couldn't find any answers. I'm pretty good at wrenching, but have yet to crack open a fork and don't have the confidence to just open them up and see.....so, question is....

Anyone know if there's a spacer that can be removed to change the travel from 100-120mm?

Also, tips and tricks on how to remove it would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    You just have to remove the spacer, there's nothing to replace. I've changed two 100 Recon Silvers to 120. It's very simple.

Check out posts #6 and #8 here: Any Ti Fly or Fantom owners try changing their reba's to 120mm travel?