mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Rock Shox Jett XC

I just ended up with a Rock Shox Jett XC long travel fork and want to replace the aging fork on my wife's bike. The only issue I can see with it is that the Jett does not have that whatchamacallit that secures the cantelever brake cable end cap. Yeah, I know, canti's are passe, but that is what is on the bike, and since they are integrated with the shifters (thankyoushimano), I'm loathe to change them both out.

There *is* a hole in the fork's brace, so I'm assuming I can buy something to put in there to hold the brake cables.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? Help a guy trying to give his wife a better ride.

fsr
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

whachamacallit

That fork was designed for V brakes but i'm sure there is an adaptor out there for it. Try asking at your lbs about it.Good luck FSR.

mtbr member

headset spacer w/ cable stop

should be available through your local bike shop. I've seen them for both threaded and threadless headsets, so you should be covered there. That would be an easier solution than trying to find a stop to fit onto the fork.

good luck!
    Serge
    Quote Originally Posted by dethrok!
    I just ended up with a Rock Shox Jett XC long travel fork and want to replace the aging fork on my wife's bike. The only issue I can see with it is that the Jett does not have that whatchamacallit that secures the cantelever brake cable end cap. Yeah, I know, canti's are passe, but that is what is on the bike, and since they are integrated with the shifters (thankyoushimano), I'm loathe to change them both out.

There *is* a hole in the fork's brace, so I'm assuming I can buy something to put in there to hold the brake cables.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? Help a guy trying to give his wife a better ride.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]