mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Rock Shox Indy Sl

IVE HAD MY TREK 8000 SINCE 98, BUT LOST THE ORIGINAL DATA/ COMPONENT SHEETS FOR THE INDY SL , AS I WANT TO CLEAN AND RE-LUBRICATE THEM MYSELF , CAN ANYONE LET ME NO IF ITS EASY TO DO AND WHAT IS THE PROCESS

CHEERS- SKIN FROM LONDON

Former Bike Wrench
    Its easy if you have the right tool, a really long (like a foot plus) 5mm allen wrench or a long extender bar attached to a 5mm allen.

You simply remove the top caps and spring/MCU stack to access the bolts at the bottom of the legs. Unscrew the legs and it will come apart.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    This assumes the elastomers aren't fried and its therefore worth the time to overhaul the fork.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

TNC
    noMAD man
    I believe the inner allen bolt head that holds the stachions to the legs is 8mm. Frankly the Indy series has to be one of the flexiest, wimpiest forks in existence. It does, however, make an awesome commuter bike fork. I put some Englund air cartridges in mine a long time ago, and they work excellently...very light and actually has some damping. If you plan on riding this fork off road to any real degree...don't.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Former Bike Wrench

Nope, its 5mm

Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    I believe the inner allen bolt head that holds the stachions to the legs is 8mm.
    It's not 8mm...its 5mm, I still have the homemade tool in my tool box (a 5mm allen that I cut off before the bend then JB Welded into a 5mm socket).

But I agree, it was one flexy fork (as were the Mags and Quadras)