Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003

Rock Shox Indy C forks(please help!)....

So i am 'restoring my dads old Trek 930 so I can use it as a commuter bike for school .
    It has Indy C forks on it, they are toast as they have a fair bit of play in them. But I figured I may aswell just ride them for now
    So I was wondering if any one knew how to get inside the forks or just open them up some how to add some grease to slow down the rebound and all.
    These things have not been opened up for about 4years at least.
    They are the 97models I believe.
    Is it worth my time? Or do I risk screwing them up badly by trying to open them up? I haven't got much experience with working on the internals of forks. But if someone could lead me to a manual or something, I'm sure I could work it out.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    I don't know that opening up will get you anywhere, but the top caps should just unscrew and the elastomers (& mayb springs) should pull right out... might be worth it to you to clean things up a bit and slather some grease in there, but it's not worth doing anything about the worn bushings/slop...
    eko-sport might have a manual since they sell the total-air upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    So i am 'restoring my dads old Trek 930 so I can use it as a commuter bike for school .
    It has Indy C forks on it, they are toast as they have a fair bit of play in them. But I figured I may aswell just ride them for now
    So I was wondering if any one knew how to get inside the forks or just open them up some how to add some grease to slow down the rebound and all.
    Is it worth my time? Or do I risk screwing them up badly by trying to open them up? I haven't got much experience with working on the internals of forks. But if someone could lead me to a manual or something, I'm sure I could work it out.
    Thanks.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Vegan Athlete
    PM me, I have a manual for that fork. I bough one a few years ago, rode it, raced it, broke it, fixed it, sold it.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Thanks.
    It's not worth your time. If there is play it has shot bushings. Even if there were bushings available (there aren't) it would NOT be worth it. The fork has no damping mechanism (hence calling it a suspension fork is a stretch).

You won't be able to sell it, just trash it. Sounds harsh, but that is being realistic. It was a peice of crap when new, and now it's an unservicable peice of crap.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    It's not worth your time. If there is play it has shot bushings. Even if there were bushings available (there aren't) it would NOT be worth it. The fork has no damping mechanism (hence calling it a suspension fork is a stretch).

You won't be able to sell it, just trash it. Sounds harsh, but that is being realistic. It was a peice of crap when new, and now it's an unservicable peice of crap.
    Yup figured as much Kept telling my dad that... he now has a Tomac Special with Blacks and doesn't want to ride the fork again.
    I wanted to pull it apart to clean it and Add a heap of grease hopping it would maybe help with the rebound of it(slow it down).
    Does any one know if you can pry the seals up?? I tried and it didn't seem so, but maybe I'm doing it wrong?