mtbr member
    May 2008

Rock Shox Ario 2.R Won't get full travel

Hello,
    This issue has proven very hard to search on.
    I recently purchased a full-suspension frame and shock.
    Upon setting up the sag I discovered that the shock is only getting about 20mm of its 38mm travel before essentially stopping dead, won't let me compress it any further.

Is this normal?

I let all the air out of the top and no difference (it's just easier to get to the stop point).

Their seems to be pressure in the damper body (I removed the air body) and it has a definite stopping point that is abrupt (doesn't feel like an increased spring rate, just plain stops and won't go any farther).

I'm hoping I didn't get a bad shock...it looks super clean and holds air nicely.

mtbr member
    May 2008

No travel experience?

Nobody's ever not had a shock go full travel?
    Sounds like I'm hosed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have a problem with my rear shock (Ario 2.R) and I'm hoping it's not as bad as it seems. My air pump wont screw on, it will screw on and pump air into my fork. Now, it looks as though the threads on the valve stem are damaged/stripped and the pump just spins. Any ideas? Is the shock damaged beyond repair? Any help is much appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    anyone ever had this happen or know where i can get more information? I'm sitting here messing with it yet again and I'm pretty sure i'm going to need a new shock. Any ideas?