mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Revelation Team U-turn ADVICE

All, I am looking to buy a 2010 RS revelation team u turn fork and I have some questions for the folks who have this fork already.

1. Does the u turn adjustment actually change the physical crown to axle length?
    2. This fork will be replacing my 120mm stock fork so is it ok to run the fork at the lowest setting 120 continually? Note I want this variable fork so I can upgrade my frame in the future and still have flexibility with the different geometry options. Plus the weight, price and tunability are good.
    3. If I decided to run the fork at 130mm instead of the stock 120mm would you expect decreased handling performance.

Thanks and I know some of these questions are lame

Dirty minded
    Nov 2008
    yes 499-529
    yes
    no. the 2011 dual position will suffer in the lower setting, it's for climbing only.

not lame, I called sram before I bought mine just to be sure.

There are some good deals... if you can find one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Excellent thanks

Why would the 2011 dual position suffer at the lowest setting while the 2010 uturn wont?

I keep asking myself why I am buying a 150 mm fork if I only plan to run it at 120 or maybe even 130. But for $500 bucks and future proofing for a frame upgrade are my main reasons.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zed512
    Excellent thanks

Why would the 2011 dual position suffer at the lowest setting while the 2010 uturn wont?

I keep asking myself why I am buying a 150 mm fork if I only plan to run it at 120 or maybe even 130. But for $500 bucks and future proofing for a frame upgrade are my main reasons.

The dual position would suffer because the spring rate changes when you drop it down. The lowered setting is for climbing only and not intended for normal use. If you are not looking for a fork that will be at 150mm 95% of the time the Dual position is not for you.

Buying the u-turn option is a great idea if you are looking to upgrade the frame in the future. If you can swing it upgrade to a 20mm front wheel also.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Ok thanks for the advice.

I think I will purchase the revelation team u-turn and see what travel is optimal for my bike geometry (starting with 120mm).