mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Revelation RCT3 or Float 32 CTD?

Hey guys, I picked up an LT1 frame earlier this year and transfered over my stuff from my 05 superlight. Unfortunately this included the 120mm 05 marz marathon XC which was a bit to small for the bike and i blew up the fork a few rides in. Now i need to get a new fork and i'm looking at either the RS Revelation RCT3 or the Fox Float 32. Any thoughts?. The frame has an RP23 that I'm going to have pushed once I make a fork choice.

I mostly ride trails around the springs with 2-3 trips to keystone/winter park during the summer.

Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by Killdozer; 12-09-2012 at 10:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Killdozer View Post
    Hey guys, I picked up an LT1 frame earlier this year and transfered over my stuff from my 05 superlight. Unfortunately this included the 120mm 05 marz marathon XC which was a bit to small for the bike and i blew up the fork a few rides in. Now i need to get a new fork and i'm looking at either the RS Revelation RCT3 or the Fox Float 32 CTD or should i try to swing a Fox 36 and shim it down to 150mm? Any thoughts?. The frame has an RP23 that I'm going to have pushed once I make a fork choice.

I mostly ride trails around the springs with 2-3 trips to keystone/winter park during the summer.

Thanks for your input!
    I had a 2006 LT1 and ran a Pike 140, Marz Z1 150 and a Fox Van 36 160. The Fox made for the best descending & the Pike the better XC runner. The Marz. was the best trade-off. How much fork depends on your riding style. My LT1 had mostly AM components and was ridden as such - moved all the components to a RFX which was better suited.

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    Cahinlove had FOX 140 RL for $349. pretty sweet deal if you are patient. I ride 32 mm stanchion CTD, and I wish I had gotten 34mm or 36mm. They bigger stanchions are solid. Rode buddy's Rockshox 35mm stanchion fork and was impressed(I am Fox fan, but would take that Rockshock any day).