mtbr member
    May 2013

Require some assistance on shock options...

Hi guys, new on the block...

I have purchased a Neo Jumper Mtb and it has a SR Suntour Epicon LOD 6.5mm eye to eye rear shock…
    I am wanting to replace this with something better…I ride trails mainly, fast and slow, some hills with rocks and shallow ledges…
    Weigh in at 185 lbs, but carry cameras and equipment on some trips that add another 5-6 lbs...

What is my best option being that I am limited to 6.5mm? or am I?…can I go 7.875?

I am going to at minimum go with Cane Creek Cloud 9...

Thanks for any suggestions…guidance...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
    Hi guys, new on the block...

I have purchased a Neo Jumper Mtb and it has a SR Suntour Epicon LOD 6.5mm eye to eye rear shock…
    I am wanting to replace this with something better…I ride trails mainly, fast and slow, some hills with rocks and shallow ledges…
    Weigh in at 185 lbs, but carry cameras and equipment on some trips that add another 5-6 lbs...

What is my best option being that I am limited to 6.5mm? or am I?…can I go 7.875?

I am going to at minimum go with Cane Creek Cloud 9...

Thanks for any suggestions…guidance...
    Definitely use a 6.5" shock. I prefer Fox air shocks and others may suggest a Rockshox offering. I don't hear much about the Cloud 9 other than its light and easy to build - not sure if an air damper can compete w/ oil dampened shocks for performance. The I Googled the Neo Jumper and it lists a weight of 21.90 kg - hope that's a shipping weight.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Definitely use a 6.5" shock. I prefer Fox air shocks and others may suggest a Rockshox offering. I don't hear much about the Cloud 9 other than its light and easy to build - not sure if an air damper can compete w/ oil dampened shocks for performance. The I Googled the Neo Jumper and it lists a weight of 21.90 kg - hope that's a shipping weight.
    Yes, it's an ebike, so a tad heavier…the 165mm is so limiting…which oil dampened shock would you recommend? Fox have something thats 165mm?Thanks...