mtbr member

Remove XLoc lockout remote from SID XX fork???

I have a 2012 RockShox SID XX 29 fork with remote XLoc Hydraulic Lockout.

I almost never use the lockout and would love to tidy the cockpit by removing the XLoc hydraulic lockout remote and hose. Can this be done? What parts are needed to replace it?

Thanks

mtbr member
    You'll need to replace the whole Motion Control damper in the fork with a non-remote one, or alternatively an older cable operated remote. If you remove the lever and hose from the Xloc the fork will lock out, as it relies on positive pressure, the same with the newer RS lockout I've just got on a Reba, which needs cable tension from the remote in order to activate the suspension. Easiest just to get a non-remote MoCo.

- Joel
    Cycling is Serious Business.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomacropod View Post
    You'll need to replace the whole Motion Control damper in the fork with a non-remote one, or alternatively an older cable operated remote. If you remove the lever and hose from the Xloc the fork will lock out, as it relies on positive pressure, the same with the newer RS lockout I've just got on a Reba, which needs cable tension from the remote in order to activate the suspension. Easiest just to get a non-remote MoCo.

- Joel
    Thanks! Exactly the kind of info I needed to know.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    You could replace it with a RCT3 damper so you still have adjustablility with a cleaner cockpit.

Or do what I did and go 1X10. Lets you put the X-loc on the bottom of the bar on the LH side. I get in the habit of whenever I downshift for a hill, I lock the fork out with the same motion on the other hand.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy135 View Post
    You could replace it with a RCT3 damper so you still have adjustablility with a cleaner cockpit.

Or do what I did and go 1X10. Lets you put the X-loc on the bottom of the bar on the LH side. I get in the habit of whenever I downshift for a hill, I lock the fork out with the same motion on the other hand.
    Thanks; yeah the RCT3 looks like what I'd want. My bike (photos here) is setup 1x10, but I have a lefthand remote so it sits above the bar, which is fine. I'm thinking down the line if I want to get a Thomson 27.2 dropper post if/when they come out, I won't want a remote on both sides of the bar. I've gotten so used to having a dropper post on my Ibis HD I'm starting to want one on my XC hardtail.

mtbr member
    Is this the part I need for my 2012 Sid XX 29 fork?

Amazon.com: RockShox MoCo RCT3 DNA for 2012 Reba, SID: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Huh I didn't know they made them LH-ed like that. Mine was a RH one that I flipped to run it below the bar on the LH side since there's not a shifter there anymore. Also I have XX brakes so they share the same bracket.

Anyhow, that sure looks like that's what you'll need.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    i'll buy the xloc remote and dampener kit after you have replaced it if you want to sell it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cwkrause View Post
    Is this the part I need for my 2012 Sid XX 29 fork?
    Look in the SRAM parts manual to make sure you get the exact one you need for your fork. There is a difference between the 80/100 and 120mm chassis versions on the 26" forks. There may be same on the 29ers.

You can also get the RLT damper and just disengage the spring. This will give you manual comp adjustment, plus separate platform control, plus the ability to use a poploc or poploc adjust if you decide you need a lock out again. I find this gives more tunability than the XX loc remote.

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the info.

ctguru, I will send you a PM regarding buying the xloc

Universal Cycles confirmed the part I needed #11.4015.544.030. Once I got it from them it was a simple install; just unscrew and remove the xloc damper and insert the RCT3 damper.

Here's a photo of the removed xloc damper and the RCT3 damper installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remove XLoc lockout remote from SID XX fork???-img_1491.jpg  

Remove XLoc lockout remote from SID XX fork???-img_1492.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cwkrause View Post
    Thanks for all the info.

ctguru, I will send you a PM regarding buying the xloc

Universal Cycles confirmed the part I needed . Once I got it from them it was a simple install; just unscrew and remove the xloc damper and insert the RCT3 damper.

Here's a photo of the removed xloc damper and the RCT3 damper installed.
    thanx for the PM, couldn't reply as I have only a couple of posts

still deciding whether to go cable or xloc

considering trying the new 2013 PushLoc system

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ctguru View Post
    ...considering trying the new 2013 PushLoc system
    The thing I don't like about the new pushloc system is that it's no longer compatible with the poploc 'adjust'. Poploc adjust is a great system as it enables you to dial in your comp adjustment from the bars as well as lockout. All of the other lockout systems give you either full lockout or comp fully open - so you loose compression adjustment when going to a lock out (the XX system is a little different as it gives you a sort of combined FG/comp adjuster on the bars).

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hi cwkrause,

can you sell me your xloc lockuot?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danny36 View Post
    Hi cwkrause,

can you sell me your xloc lockuot?
    it's actually on ebay right now if you are interested; item # 150972386492

RockShox Sid 80 100 Motion Control Damper w Xloc Remote | eBay

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    ok thanks. do you know if fit on old sid world cup 2009 80/100 mm 26er?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danny36 View Post
    ok thanks. do you know if fit on old sid world cup 2009 80/100 mm 26er?
    I think it will fit. The Sram spare parts catalog doesn't say anything about it being a 26 or 29er. Only specifies years 2008-2012 and travel (80/100). See pages 33-35, part No. 34 & 00.4015.681.090 in the Sram spare parts catalog.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    very well! you can ship to italy if I buy on ebay? PM me if you prefer.