I rode 'Whistler XC'

Remote lever for adjusting Fox rear shocks?

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of a remote lever available for the Fox Float rear shocks?

My GF has a RP2 on her Giant Trance X2 and has trouble reaching the shock to adjust the ProPedal while riding.

If there's nothing available aftermarket, has anyone tried modding the standard fork lockout switch to work on the rear shocks?

Thanks
    Mint
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Ok....update...in case anyone was wondering.

On Tuesday I went to a fire sale. Sadly, one of the biggest bikeshops in Cape Town went under and the liquidators were clearing stock.

Among a pile of old parts I happened to find part of an old (circa 2003 I think) Fox rear shock remote lockout kit. It seems everything except the handlebar lever is in there.

I'm now in the process of retrofitting it to the RP2 on my GFs bike. The cable stop fits perfectly on the aircan.

The diameter of the adjustment rod that the normal lever fits onto is much smaller than on the old shocks, so the replacement 'lever' which the cable attaches to, is too big. Nothing a small brass bush wont sort out.

The only problem at this stage is where the torsion spring will go. The red damping adjustment knob is obviously in the way. That is a set and forget item though so not really needed. Once I have it off I'll work on the spring. I must have it to return the lever into position once the handlebar mounted lever is released. For this purpose, I think the spring-loaded ball-bearings that give the propedal lever it's indents will have to go as well, as I suspect the 'notches' make the lever too difficult to move, at least for the torsion spring. Besides, they're not really necessary since the handlebar lever will hold the adjustment lever/knob in place.

As for the handlebar lever, a friend has given me the Poploc off his Reba. We think this should do the job. Worst case scenario is I'll have to dig for one of my old thumb shifters....not ideal since the GF is worried about the aesthetic appeal of such a lever....woman
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Fox Float RP2 remote kit

Hi there,

I know this is a pretty delayed reply, but I have a remote kit available for the Fox Float RP2 rear shock. See the link below for more info:

http://www.precisionkinetic.com/imag...hockremote.jpg

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Dave