Just A Mountain Biker.

Recon Silver TK 29"er Solo Air Travel Change 80 -> 100mm

Hoping this is not too difficult;

I would like to change my fork from 80 to 100mm. I have downloaded the manual, and the only mention of the travel spacers is right in the middle of the full air spring service portion. My fork is not yet in need of that service, but I would like to change the travel regardless. Are there any shortened directions to do the change? I remember my old Reba had the all-travel spacers that just snapped on to the metal rod, and didn't really necessitate removing the lowers and all of that jazz.

I have searched but cannot find a thread about this before, hopefully one of you fine folks has done it or can point me towards it. Thanks!
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I hope it's not too late to respond to this. You may have already found the information. http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/rocks...rs/TM_MY10.pdf This link has the information. I just did mine last night and you do have to remove the lowers but that doesn't mean you have to do a complete service. Once the lowers are removed you will be able to access the spacers. On my Reba set at 80mm travel, I found two 20mm spacers and removed one spacer. My shock is now set at 100mm travel. The spacers were not the clip on type that I've seen in the manuals. They were a solid plastic of plastic that had to be slid off after removing a few pieces at the bottom of the shaft.