mtbr member

Reba XX Dual air Vs. Fox 32 F29

Hey Fellas,

I have a 2011 Anthem x29 that has a Fox 32 F29 fork. I am starting to get a thick grease type coating on the stanchions. LBS says it needs to be rebuilt. I have about 70 hours on the forks and upon questioning a few folks I have found out that this is quite a long run before needing a rebuild. I looked online and there are recommendations that say to have it rebuilt every 30 hours which at that rate I'd be rebuilding them every six to seven weeks. I find thirty hours to be a little frequent and was thinking about switching to a Reba XX Dual air fork.

I was wondering if anybody else made this switch and what you thought about it. I am also open to any other suggestions.

Thanks for your help.
    I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I just hate vegetables.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Sorry for the belated post - but the RS Reba XX fork Dual Air fork requires much LESS service, than the more expensive Fox F29. The only problem is that the Reba XX Dual Air was only made for two years(2010-2011). Good luck finding one.

The Reba XX Dual Air has that sublime, endlessly-plush feel. Getting the perfect balance between both positive and negative air chambers is tricky - but once dialed-in....becomes the cat's meow, in terms of XC/All-Mountain/Trail suspension high performance. It's a shame Rock Shox did away with Dual Air - as it's vastly superior to Fox's FiT Terralogic-dampened shocks.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"