mtbr member

Reba World cup uppers on a Reba Race 29er?

Hello, I figured I would post this in the suspensions expert forum since I barely know anything about suspension. I was wondering if it was possible to take the Carbon crown and stanchions plus steerer and maybe put them on another reba but a 29er reba race. I mean if both forks were the same model type being the last gen of Reba forks.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    similar question. is it possible to get newer offset lowers and pu tthem on a 2008 reba 29?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRider93
    Hello, I figured I would post this in the suspensions expert forum since I barely know anything about suspension. I was wondering if it was possible to take the Carbon crown and stanchions plus steerer and maybe put them on another reba but a 29er reba race. I mean if both forks were the same model type being the last gen of Reba forks.
    It's been done by someone in the 29er forum. It's definitely not recomended by Rock Shox, but it will work. The Carbon crown and steerer wasn't designed with the potential stresses of the longer 29er lowers.

mtbr member
    It's been done by someone in the 29er forum. It's definitely not recomended by Rock Shox, but it will work. The Carbon crown and steerer wasn't designed with the potential stresses of the longer 29er lowers.
    That is the main thing is was worried about. are the 29er stanchions just a bit longer than the 26er ones to accommodate for the added leverage of the longer fork?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The part numbers for the Crown-Steerer-Uppers of the older Rebas were the same for the 26 and 29er forks - they were the same part. The Carbon crown and steerer was no doubt engineered for the stresses produced by a 26 inch fork with a shorter Crown-to-ground distance than what a 29er produces. The 29er forks didn't even use the CSU from the slightly lighter Team version of the 26er fork, probably for strength or flex reasons.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ok, going on what's been said, can you switch an 09 26er reab team uppers to an 09 29er lower?