mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Reba SL pressure loss

Riding a 2010 RS Reba SL 29er and have been having trouble with losing air pressure during rides.
    Begin the ride with 120psi pos and 110psi neg and end the ride 20-30 pounds lower.
    Last night (below freezing temps) I began with 120/110 and ended with 70/50psi.
    Before every ride I'm having to top off the chambers and find that shock performance goes down over the length of the ride.

Iíve read about problems with air migrating between pos/neg chambers due to leaky o-ring seals.
    Might this explain the problem Iím having?
    Could my trouble also be a low oil level?

psycho cyclo addict
    I have a 2009 Reba SL that went into hydro lockout after a couple of years riding. Turned out to be a defective lower seal on the drive side. You may want to have a SRAM shop call in and see if your issue could be warranty related. You used to be able to call yourself but SRAM's been discouraging end users from contacting them directly. In the past, I've called the main # (312-664-8800) and asked for support.

waiting for a piece (.45)
    Quote Originally Posted by fitforlife13 View Post
    Riding a 2010 RS Reba SL 29er and have been having trouble with losing air pressure during rides.
    Begin the ride with 120psi pos and 110psi neg and end the ride 20-30 pounds lower.
    Last night (below freezing temps) I began with 120/110 and ended with 70/50psi.
    Before every ride I'm having to top off the chambers and find that shock performance goes down over the length of the ride.

Iíve read about problems with air migrating between pos/neg chambers due to leaky o-ring seals.
    Might this explain the problem Iím having?
    Could my trouble also be a low oil level?
    Ummm. you ride at night?? What is the average temperature when you ride?? Most air forks simply can't hold air at any temperatures below 40 degrees F. (5 deg. C.) because of the changes in seals...... they need a certain amount of compression to be able to seal correctly... when it's cold they become too dense to seal well...