mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Reba RLT Ti Compression issue

Picked up a new Reba RLT Ti 140mm this spring for my Lenz Mammoth build. Overall I like the fork; smooth, stiff, looks good. However, think I have an issue with my compression adjustment (blue dial). Fully clockwise locks out the fork without issue, but the intermediate detents between open and lock seem to have no effect. Even a single click off of lock out feels the same as fully open. I have adjusted the flood gate to no avail. I had thought I might be a little low on oil on the damper side, so changed that out this week, and it had no effect. I inspected the damper and all the moving parts seemed to be in good order...ie: when I turn the lever the silver button on the bottom of the damper turns and covers the oil ports. Having never owned a Rock Shox fork with the Black Box Motion Control damper, not sure what is normal. How much difference should I be feeling as I add compression damping? Any one else have this issue? Ideas?

What?
    You won't notice a huge difference. It will only have a small effect on brake dive and other low shaft speed events. You won't notice it at all on a parking lot test, but it should be noticeable on the trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I had a couple Black Box Motion control fork's (Both Reba's) and w/ the Compression full & FG a few clicks (+) the fork was essentially locked. Low oil level or damaged lower MoCo o-ring have caused issues w/ these forks that I have personally worked on.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    I had a couple Black Box Motion control fork's (Both Reba's) and w/ the Compression full & FG a few clicks (+) the fork was essentially locked. Low oil level or damaged lower MoCo o-ring have caused issues w/ these forks that I have personally worked on.
    The OP said the fork locks out on the last click of LSC, If the oring was bad, the fork wouldn't lock out at all. My fork fork is a Revelation RLT TI and each click or LSC is very subtle and only noticeable on the trail(and even then slightly) until the last click when it locks. I would say its normal for RLT forks.

Also OP, the FG will only make a difference when the fork is lock out. (just incase you didnt realize that)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    The OP said the fork locks out on the last click of LSC, If the oring was bad, the fork wouldn't lock out at all. My fork fork is a Revelation RLT TI and each click or LSC is very subtle and only noticeable on the trail(and even then slightly) until the last click when it locks. I would say its normal for RLT forks.

Also OP, the FG will only make a difference when the fork is lock out. (just incase you didnt realize that)
    Oop's missed the fact it was locking @ full setting. I usually ran my BB MoCo forks w/ Full compression & one or two clicks of FG. That setting gave enough LSC to resist diving when out on the trail - driveway testing was useless.

What?
    driveway testing was useless.
    It always is, yet we all still do it for some reason.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I usually ran my BB MoCo forks w/ Full compression & one or two clicks of FG. That setting gave enough LSC to resist diving when out on the trail - driveway testing was useless.
    Yeah, I've played around with that setting. Actually works pretty well, although I do like the firm lock out when I have to ride pavement to the trail head. Sounds, like there is nothing wrong with my fork. I guess I was expecting a more noticeable difference between detents. Thanks for the input.