mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Reba RLT or SID RLT Ti

Looking to purchase a new fork for my Specialized Rockhopper and have it narrowed down to either a Reba RLT or SID RLT Ti. Both would be of the 120mm travel, 15mm Maxle Lite, Dual Air variety. Is the BlackBox Motion Control worth the extra bit of money? Is the damping performance noticeably better with BlackBox?

Other than that I think they are the same fork since the SID is now on the Reba platform. The SID would be about 150 grams lighter too. I know the BlackBox Motion Control can be had for about $200 aftermarket, so if it is worth it it'd be better to get it up front.

mtbr member
    About the 2013 RS forks. From an online shop description.

Full details and technical specification yet to be received, with the main difference from 2012 being that all Reba and Revelation forks are going to a new Solo Air system.

RockShox has expanded the user-friendly Solo Air spring system into the SID, Reba and Revelation product lines. Designed to be in-line with RockShox rear shocks, Solo Air simplifies suspension setup with a single air valve that equally balances the positive and negative air chambers. Nothing shy of robust, the new solo air spring lays the foundation for a durable system of superior ride quality.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Ended up getting the SID, for $399.99 it was too hard to pass up. The Reba RLT was only $50 cheaper and it would cost me a lot more than that to upgrade to dual flow rebound and the blackbox motion control dampers later on.

A Baker St. Muse
    Ah, my choice would be the Reba because the SID is a noodle

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by michael573114 View Post
    Ah, my choice would be the Reba because the SID is a noodle
    The new SID has the same chassis as the Reba so they should be equally stiff. Its got the same 32mm uppers and power bulges. I also got the 15mm maxle lite version.

I'm coming from a Dart 3, now that is a noodle.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Where did you find the Reba RLT for that price? 26" or 29"?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The SID I got off Jenson.

A Baker St. Muse
    Quote Originally Posted by mmckechnie View Post
    The new SID has the same chassis as the Reba so they should be equally stiff. Its got the same 32mm uppers and power bulges. I also got the 15mm maxle lite version.

I'm coming from a Dart 3, now that is a noodle.
    Ah cool, this wasn't the case before, but that's just based on 5 minutes riding a SID compared to my 2011 Reba. Good to know.