mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Reba RLT or Fox F100 RLC Fit and Hub QR size

Looking to purchase a new fork for my xc bike.

Other than price what are the pros and cons of the above forks. Reba is adjsutible but I will be running at 100 mm due to the geometry of the frame.

I am considering 15mm or staying with 9mm. Does a larger QR improve the stability?

Huckin' trails
    Dunno about the fork choice question, but get the 15mm if you can. Big improvement over a QR 9mm. Stiffer, faster to use, no messing with skewer tension to get the rotor centered back, etc. And if you're gonna always run the fork to 100mm, it's pointless to get an adjustable travel fork, no ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have always heard the REBA will hold up for riders that are 205 lbs and I had heard that the SID has issues with heavier riders. If this is untrue I would consider the SID. The biggest drawback for the FOX is the price and I am not sure if the FOX provides anything more than the REBA. (i.e. quality/controls, etc...)

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by blmls1 View Post
    I have always heard the REBA will hold up for riders that are 205 lbs and I had heard that the SID has issues with heavier riders. If this is untrue I would consider the SID. The biggest drawback for the FOX is the price and I am not sure if the FOX provides anything more than the REBA. (i.e. quality/controls, etc...)

..I'm using SID and I'm 220..1 year already past and no problem at all...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blmls1 View Post
    Looking to purchase a new fork for my xc bike.

Other than price what are the pros and cons of the above forks. Reba is adjsutible but I will be running at 100 mm due to the geometry of the frame.

I am considering 15mm or staying with 9mm. Does a larger QR improve the stability?
    By adjustable travel i think you mean internally adjustable with spacer? If so, the Fox F-series are also adjustable. The Reba is analogous to a F120, adjustable to 100mm and 80mm with a 20mm spacer.

You can also adjust them (Reba, F120) to 110mm if you can find a 10mm spacer, for RS the Revelations have them, Fox i'm not sure.

I'd get a 15mm axle model (no more 20mm?). I got a 2011 Reba RLT QR because the hubs i had at the time weren't convertible to 20mm and have regretted it ever since.

namagomi
    Price, brand name, the reba wins in the adjustability dept since dual air allows you to change the travel without messing the spring curve horribly.

At that length a QR won't do much vs 15mm.

15mm is easier to use a bit safer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    since dual air allows you to change the travel without messing the spring curve horribly.
    Uhhhmmm... Dual Air does not have anything to do with travel... It is used to adjust sensitivity of the fork.

you may be thinking of one of the other Rock Shox technologies which is "Dual Position Air" on the Revelation fork (not available on the REBA)

Cheers,
    Dan