mtbr member
    Oct 2007

New question here. Rear Shock adaptor for Proflex 857...

Does anybody have any ideas/pics/specs for building a rear shock adaptor for a Proflex 857? I broke the old Noleen NR2 in half and want to replace it with a Manitou or Fox. Only problem is I have to build or machine some sort of adaptor for the different shock setup. Please help!

mtbr member
    Funny you should mention this....I'm actually working on the same project myself. I'm going to figure out the mounting after I get my hands on a good rear shock that will fit.

For Ideas check over at the Proflex riders forums.

ARCHQUEST
    Call up Risse racing, they make a heavy duty shock with the stock shock mount for the Proflex and K2 frames. I believed they're the only one that still support old bikes like the AMP and GT LTS shock mounts. They also make replacement shock for Crosslink Linkage fork that were on later K2 bike bearing Noleen and Girvin names.

Not the latest and greatest but it works and vary reliable. I think their trick is large shock pistons and large air volumn. It got good bump absorption with good bob control without SPV, or other stable platform features.

gool luck