Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hey Christopher,
    Do you have a kit for a 2016 Trek session 9.9? I believe it's a 10x40 on the reservoir side and a 10x50 on the rebound side. It's also offset on the bottom. The kit I saw online appeared to be only 10x40 at both ends. Thanks !

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2fire View Post
    Hey Christopher,
    Do you have a kit for a 2016 Trek session 9.9? I believe it's a 10x40 on the reservoir side and a 10x50 on the rebound side. It's also offset on the bottom. The kit I saw online appeared to be only 10x40 at both ends. Thanks !
    I would remove the upper shock mounting bolt and look underneath--Trek has started putting bearings directly in the rocker arms on either side of the shock. If yours was done this way, you don't need a needle bearing up top. If there is not a needle bearing, you will need NBKRWC3988. A for the lower end of the shock, we have not done a kit for the newer offset design...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks Christopher,
    Do you anticipate making the lower kit? Also do you feel the upper mount will give much of a benefit ? Thanks again

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2fire View Post
    Thanks Christopher,
    Do you anticipate making the lower kit? Also do you feel the upper mount will give much of a benefit ? Thanks again
    If the upper mount does not already have bearings, changing that end will have a very noticeable impact. Still deciding on the lower....(regarding whether to make the conversion kit or not).
    Last edited by Chris2fur; 09-29-2016 at 05:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thank you so much for the info. If you decide to go that direction with the lower would you PM me? I'd like to buy one. Thanks again for all the help. I'll be ordering the top today

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Anyone know what size bearing I need for an X-Fusion O2 on a Bronson v2? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I have 2015 Intense Tracer T275C and, according to specs, the shock bushings are 30mm bottom and 22mm top.

I've seen lots of folks go with 22.2 for the top, but also some using 21.85. What size should I go with for the top mount?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I have a 2015 Santa Cruz 5010 (version 1). What's the part number for this bike.
    Someone on another thread said possibly:
    21.85mm MOUNTING SPANS:NBKRWC2185

Also, what's the part number or url for the tool?

thanks

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by XaeroDarkThirty View Post
    I have a 2015 Santa Cruz 5010 (version 1). What's the part number for this bike. Someone on another thread said possibly:
    21.85mm MOUNTING SPANS:NBKRWC2185. Also, what's the part number or url for the tool? thanks
    Hi! All of the 5010 frames use the NBKRWC2185 at the swing link and need no kit at the top tube end. We have tools, if needed, here: DU Bushing and Needle Bearing Shock Tool. We even happen to have a pictorial for the 2016 5010 right here: RWC SHOCK NEEDLE BEARING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS .

otb club member
    Anyone know what size bearing I need for an X-Fusion O2 on a Bronson v2? Thanks!
    Same as the recommendation for the 5010 above.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreys View Post
    I have 2015 Intense Tracer T275C and, according to specs, the shock bushings are 30mm bottom and 22mm top.

I've seen lots of folks go with 22.2 for the top, but also some using 21.85. What size should I go with for the top mount?
    So, it appears you already know the swing link end will be NBKRWC30. If you are changing the front end as well, NBKRWC2185 is the one you need. I'm not sure there is enough rotation at that end to justify the expense, so I recommend you check that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hello, is there a kit for the Yeti SB5.5? Thank you

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by twowheelfury View Post
    Hello, is there a kit for the Yeti SB5.5? Thank you
    For the connection to the rear triangle:

1 pcs NBKRWC4374 (RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM)
    1 pcs Shim Kit SS8X15X0.5 (STAINLESS STEEL SHIMS FOR NEEDLE BEARING KIT NBKRWC40)

The front end is optional, but it does appear there is some pivoting happening there near the end of the stroke. If you want to change it, it would require the following:

1 pcs NBKRWC2185 (RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM)

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Awesome. Thank you!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Chris,
    can a replacement needle bearing be bought (rather than full kit)? replacement seals?

if so, please share the link (couldn't find it on your site).
    its for a standard fox shock.

Oren

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by OrenPerets View Post
    Chris,
    can a replacement needle bearing be bought (rather than full kit)? replacement seals?

Oren
    Hi, Oren. Yes, replacement parts can be found here: +/- Tolerance Inner Rings for Shock Needle Bearing Kits

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    They have this for a 2016 trance 27.5 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    They have this for a 2016 trance 27.5 yet?
    Have you checked under the shock mounting bolt for a bearing? I believe that model was upgraded with bearings pressed into the rocker arms on either side of the shock. If you remove the bolt and find that there is NOT a bearing there, then you need kit NBKRWC2185.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'll check it out tonight. I remember on my 2012 trance x, you could only install one on top. Not sure if that's the case here too. I'll check.

There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    I'll check it out tonight. I remember on my 2012 trance x, you could only install one on top. Not sure if that's the case here too. I'll check.
    That aspect has not changed--the lower shock mount is part of the suspension link and has a straight 15mm thru-pin that goes right through the shock eyelet. There is nothing to be done with the lower mount.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur View Post
    Although it's still a bit of a problem as it will be huge dirt magnet. Joby, you should probably clean up the excess goo...
    Already done. That was post-first ride. Still amazed at how supple the NBK made the rear end...was able to pressure up and regain small bump compliance.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by joby View Post
    Already done. That was post-first ride. Still amazed at how supple the NBK made the rear end...was able to pressure up and regain small bump compliance.
    Thanks for that report! Is that shock bolt tricky to get to on that swing link?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Nope, was a piece of cake. Then again, I've been wrenching for 30+ years....

mtbr member

Salsa 2014 spearfish 3

Thanks for that report! Is that shock bolt tricky to get to on that swing link?
    Sorry,
    Not trying to hijack thread... Chris do you guys have the mounts for the 2014 spearfish? If so can the color of the spacer be customized and how do I order it?
    Pb

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigansdad View Post
    Sorry,
    Not trying to hijack thread... Chris do you guys have the mounts for the 2014 spearfish? If so can the color of the spacer be customized and how do I order it?
    Pb
    For the rearward mounting hardware, you would need the following:
    1 pcs NBKRWC3556
    2 pcs SHIM KIT NUMBER SS8X15X0.5
    We have black, blue, gold, green, and red spacer options.

mtbr member
    For the rearward mounting hardware, you would need the following:
    1 pcs NBKRWC3556
    2 pcs SHIM KIT NUMBER SS8X15X0.5
    We have black, blue, gold, green, and red spacer options.
    Thanks!
    Wow that was quick! Now do you guys offer the front hardware for this as well?

Thanks for getting back so quick

Pb

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigansdad View Post
    Thanks!
    Wow that was quick! Now do you guys offer the front hardware for this as well?

Thanks for getting back so quick

Pb
    We have the hardware, but are you sure there is rotation going on at the top tube end of the shock? If there is no rotation going on inside the eyelet, then it is not a good investment. If you are not sure, let some air out of the shock and cycle the suspension all the way through its travel while watching the shock-to-top-tube juncture. If the shock remains stationary in relation to the frame mounts, then you don't need to change that end. If it does pivot, NBKRWC2185 is the kit you need for it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    the bearing kit really transformed my GT sensor. The difference is like lowering the shock preload a LOT. The added benefit of having a much lower breakaway force is that you can stiffen the shock by adding more pressure, therefore gaining better mid stroke support and a deeper travel feel.

the bike has gone from feeling like having a soft spring with high preload to a super low preload and stiffer spring. it's like a magic carpet ride.

mtbr member
    thanks! will check that out after work this afternoon.
    I kinda like idea of replacing both anyway as I can't find a place to order the polymer bushings anyhow and I like all the other products I've purchased from you guys...Not to mention it adds just a little more bling factor (:

mtbr member
    For the connection to the rear triangle:

1 pcs NBKRWC4374 (RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM)
    1 pcs Shim Kit SS8X15X0.5 (STAINLESS STEEL SHIMS FOR NEEDLE BEARING KIT NBKRWC40)

The front end is optional, but it does appear there is some pivoting happening there near the end of the stroke. If you want to change it, it would require the following:

1 pcs NBKRWC2185 (RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM)
    Hi Chris, is this the same for Yeti SB-5c?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by bencab View Post
    Hi Chris, is this the same for Yeti SB-5c?
    Yes, that is correct!

mtbr member
    Thank you Chris!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey Chris,

What's the kit for the 2017 SC Tallboy 3? NBKRWC2185 on link end only?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmblur View Post
    Hey Chris,

What's the kit for the 2017 SC Tallboy 3? NBKRWC2185 on link end only?
    Yes, that is correct!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hi Chris,

What Needle Bearing Kit should I get for my 2015 Devinci Troy Carbon RC?
    I believe I only need it for the top of the shock that connects to the linkage. Trying to get rid of the creaking that appears to be coming from there. Btw, the shock is Rockshox RT3 Debonair.

Thanks!

otb club member
    For the rocker arm end, your Devinci Troy uses NBKRWC4115 and it is compatible with the Monarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty01 View Post
    Hi Chris,

What Needle Bearing Kit should I get for my 2015 Devinci Troy Carbon RC?
    I believe I only need it for the top of the shock that connects to the linkage. Trying to get rid of the creaking that appears to be coming from there. Btw, the shock is Rockshox RT3 Debonair.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Great, thanks for the quick response!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hi Chris,

I'd like to replace the DU shock bushings on my 2013 Ibis Mojo HD,the shock installed on my bike is a 2014 Fox Float-X with CTD.

My plan, after reading through the mtbr.com forum was to just replace the rear DU bushings at the rear triangle end, what are your thoughts on this?

Based on that I think the NBKRWC3988 RWC kit is what I require but can you please confirm this?

Cheers

Dave

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniff View Post
    Hi Chris,

I'd like to replace the DU shock bushings on my 2013 Ibis Mojo HD,the shock installed on my bike is a 2014 Fox Float-X with CTD.

My plan, after reading through the mtbr.com forum was to just replace the rear DU bushings at the rear triangle end, what are your thoughts on this?

Based on that I think the NBKRWC3988 RWC kit is what I require but can you please confirm this?

Cheers

Dave
    Hi, Dave: Sorry we've gotten a bit behind on emails... Yes, you have selected the right the kit for the rear triangle end of the shock. Your bike has some slight pivoting action at the front end of the shock near the end of the stroke. A kit at that end would do some good, but not nearly as much as the first kit. If you decided to do the front, it would take NBKRWC2185.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    hi chris
    2016 knolly warden here with the cc inline and 2015 nomad3
    which kit do i need?
    link pls

thanks

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by digifun View Post
    hi chris
    which kit do i need?
    link pls

thanks
    I'll start with what I know without having to research... Your Nomand requires kit NBKRWC2185 at the swing link end. I would not change the other end. No shims are necessary--fit is perfect with recommended kit.

Link: RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by digifun View Post
    hi chris
    which kit do i need?
    link pls

thanks
    Looks like. The Warden takes the same size: NBKRWC2185.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    thanks Chris!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    To fit an Ibis Ripley, it looks like I'd need NBKRWC2185GN on the upper and nothing on the lower. Is that right?

Would a needle bearing kit even make sense on the Ripley suspension design? I'm not sure the eyelet would experience enough rotation to make a difference.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by kestrel242 View Post
    To fit an Ibis Ripley, it looks like I'd need NBKRWC2185GN on the upper and nothing on the lower. Is that right?

Would a needle bearing kit even make sense on the Ripley suspension design? I'm not sure the eyelet would experience enough rotation to make a difference.
    I believe with the clevis mount at the rear and the lack of rotation at the front that you are exactly right that this is not a frame that would benefit from a conversion.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Hi Chris2fur, I have a Santa Cruz Nomad V3 and I would like to get the needle bearing kit for it. I'm deciding between a Fox DHX2 or Push Elevensix. Will NBKRWC2185 work for my intended application?

Do I need anything besides the bearing and tools to make this work?

Thanks
    Last edited by SerraAvatar; 06-12-2017 at 10:16 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Any info on what size kit that 2017 SC Hightower gets?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by SerraAvatar View Post
    Hi Chris2fur, I have a Santa Cruz Nomad V3 and I would like to get the needle bearing kit for it. I'm deciding between a Fox DHX2 or Push Six Eleven. Will NBKRWC2185 work for my intended application? Do I need anything besides the bearing and tools to make this work? Thanks
    Yes, that's the correct kit. It will work with either shock, as they both have the 15mm eyelet bore spec. The 5010 pictorial we have will apply to your bike as well if you want to check it out: RWC SHOCK NEEDLE BEARING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Yes, that's the correct kit. It will work with either shock, as they both have the 15mm eyelet bore spec. The 5010 pictorial we have will apply to your bike as well if you want to check it out: RWC SHOCK NEEDLE BEARING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    Thank you so much Chris2fur for the quick reply!

The pictorial guide is incredibly informative! Thanks again!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime View Post
    Any info on what size kit that 2017 SC Hightower gets?
    Yes, the Hightower uses NBKRWC2185 at the swing link. We don't usually recommend changing the other end unless you are getting movement and noise at the front mount.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Santa Cruz changed their recommendation for the shock bolts from locktite to grease on the threads. What's your view on that? I just ordered the kit for my Hightower to go with a DHX2.

Real World Cycling shock needle bearing kit IS AWESOME-screenshot-2017-06-12-11.56.48.jpg

otb club member
    You're very welcome!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikericci View Post
    Santa Cruz changed their recommendation for the shock bolts from locktite to grease on the threads. What's your view on that? I just ordered the kit for my Hightower to go with a DHX2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2017-06-12 11.56.48.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	1141762
    My personal preference is "blue" Loctite. I'd rather not have to worry about the bolt backing out and I don't see what it can hurt. On the other hand, as long as you check bolt tension from time to time, grease is fine, too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the awesome products you pushing out.

I intend to pull the trigger soon on the needle bearings. Just a couple of questions to clarify before I do so.

I have embedded the questions on screenshots of your page. I have attached the exploded view and parts for the SB6 too.

Cheers,
    Heiril

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    I'm running a RWS needle shock on my Tallboy 3 and I'm getting some play in the rear end. I've tightened all of the linkages and even switch to a longer ++ sleeve that RWS sent me. I am going to change out to the stock bushing and see if goes away.
    Anyone else experience a loss fit with the needle bearings?
    Shock is a CC DBinline.
    Santa Cruz sent me a full set of bearings too so I have them on hand incase one is bad.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiril View Post
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the awesome products you pushing out.

I intend to pull the trigger soon on the needle bearings. Just a couple of questions to clarify before I do so.
    So, for the Yeti, let's first separate out the kits... The needle bearing kits are for replacing the DU bushing inside the actual shock eyelet. The "suspension bearing kits" are sets of replacement cartridge bearings for the pivot points of the rear frame, such as part number 36 in the frame diagram you posted.

The issue with the NBKRWC4374 vs NBKRWC4375 is just a typo. The proper kit name is NBKRWC4374. However, either way, since it refers to a 43.74mm mounting span, 0.01mm would not really make a difference.

Finally, the NBKRWC2185 would not need any shim kit to fit your frame.

Hope that helps.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    I'm running a RWS needle shock on my Tallboy 3 and I'm getting some play in the rear end. I've tightened all of the linkages and even switch to a longer ++ sleeve that RWS sent me. I am going to change out to the stock bushing and see if goes away.
    Anyone else experience a loss fit with the needle bearings?
    Shock is a CC DBinline.
    Santa Cruz sent me a full set of bearings too so I have them on hand incase one is bad.
    I recommend checking one more thing. Please remove the shock bolt, slide the shock out of the swing link, and reinstall just the bolt and inner ring (what you are calling a sleeve). Tighten the shock bolt and make certain that the inner ring is "locked" in place. You should not be able to move it or rotate it on the bolt.

Real World Cycling shock needle bearing kit IS AWESOME-inner_ring_captured2.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi Chris, had your kit on my previous bike and loved it. Now want to buy one for my nomad. Just want to make sure if it fits DB Coil shocks?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Zilcho View Post
    Hi Chris, had your kit on my previous bike and loved it. Now want to buy one for my nomad. Just want to make sure if it fits DB Coil shocks?
    Unless it's an "Inline," chances are that it has 14.7mm eyelets (as measured with the bushings out). If so, it would have to be modified (bore reamed out to 15mm). This is a service we can provide for a nominal fee if you are able to send your shock to us.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    on my TB3 with fox shock I was in between sizes on the sleeves...I went with the only one that would fit and after a ride I could feel some play, but that ride was enough to compress the needle bearings a bit so that the next size smaller (edit: meant to say larger) sleeve fit and now it's perfect. Great product.
    Last edited by EJ_92606; 07-12-2017 at 09:20 PM.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
    on my TB3 with fox shock I was in between sizes on the sleeves...I went with the only one that would fit and after a ride I could feel some play, but that ride was enough to compress the needle bearings a bit so that the next size smaller sleeze fit and now it's perfect. Great product.
    Thanks for that. I think you mean the next size up, but the point is the same. It's important to hold onto all the parts that come in the kit. It's also important to keep each inner ring in its properly marked bag to avoid confusion as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for that. I think you mean the next size up, but the point is the same. It's important to hold onto all the parts that come in the kit. It's also important to keep each inner ring in its properly marked bag to avoid confusion as well.
    Yes, you are correct.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Anyone using the needle bearings on a DVO Topaz?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    just received my kit and tools today from RWC. First off thanks for the great service!
    second, your instructions on the web are awesome and the install was very easy. I did buy the complete set of tools and that helped a ton. If you work on your bike on a regular basis i highly recommend buying the tools. Took me about 20 minutes to take DU bushings out and install the RWC bearing. i have a tallboy 3 and used the medium sized inner and it fit pretty snug, and i did notice that i had some play with the shock at the rear link once installed but i was able to get that sorted. I can tell you that my old DU bushings were in my shock very snug so i am looking forward to riding my bike today to see if i notice a difference. lastly i will watch our for the similar issue to the TB 3 rider above.....

bottom line so far, great service, awesome tools, and easy install.

note to the TB3 owner above. I have had to replace all my suspension bearings and bushings after only 2/3 season of riding ( which in western canada is about 4 months). My bike developed quite a bit of play in the rear end and the lower rear bearing was backing out every ride ( even with blue Loctite). So just as an FYI make sure to check those pivot bushing bolts on a regular basis.......

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    Anyone using the needle bearings on a DVO Topaz?

If you are asking because you are wondering if it is compatible, the answer is yes. 15mm eyelet bores like Fox and RS.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    If you are asking because you are wondering if it is compatible, the answer is yes. 15mm eyelet bores like Fox and RS.
    Pretty much what I was asking. Actually just ordered the kit... Excited!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    Pretty much what I was asking. Actually just ordered the kit... Excited!
    Thanks! What frame?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    quick first ride impression. WOW.
    my shock felt like it was running wide open in the middle setting. ( new fox dps)
    will have to play with the settings a bit to maximize this much improved small bump performance! looks like a good upgrade to my bike at this point....

mtbr member since 1996
    This weekend I will be putting new axels, bearings, a RWC roller bearing on my Tallboy LTc. I have the topaz on now, GREAT shock. The DVO is super stiff in the bushings so I am sure the roller bearing will make a big difference. I plan to do some testing to try and quantify the difference:
    -wheel drop test (lift it 18" and drop to see how much, if any, the shock compresses)
    -weight needed on saddle to break the shock stiction
    -check sag with DU bushing vs roller bearing

Any others that might interest people?
    1990 Fat Chance Yo Eddy Team
    2013 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc with DVO Diamond and Topaz

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks! What frame?
    Santa Cruz Bronson

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    So if there's bearings in the rocker link or wherever the shock mounts to the linkage then I don't need to replace the bushings for needle/roller bearings?

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by devnull View Post
    So if there's bearings in the rocker link or wherever the shock mounts to the linkage then I don't need to replace the bushings for needle/roller bearings?
    Generally speaking, that's correct. However, let me know the make, model, and year or post a pic of the linkage and I would be happy to confirm.

mtbr member
    Hi Chris, thanks for all the good info in the thread. I have tried to browse through and see if this info is already included and judging by what is here I am assuming I can just swap the hardware on my new Santa Cruz HT LT's Fox Factory DPX onto my Cane Creek Coil Inline and get your kit # NBKRWC2185 at the swing link. Is that correct?

I don't have the bike yet to try the fit.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by squiby View Post
    Hi Chris, thanks for all the good info in the thread. I have tried to browse through and see if this info is already included and judging by what is here I am assuming I can just swap the hardware on my new Santa Cruz HT LT's Fox Factory DPX onto my Cane Creek Coil Inline and get your kit # NBKRWC2185 at the swing link. Is that correct?
    Yes, that is correct.

mtbr member
    Yes, that is correct.
    Cheers

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This weekend I will be putting new axels, bearings, a RWC roller bearing on my Tallboy LTc. I have the topaz on now, GREAT shock. The DVO is super stiff in the bushings so I am sure the roller bearing will make a big difference. I plan to do some testing to try and quantify the difference:
    -wheel drop test (lift it 18" and drop to see how much, if any, the shock compresses)
    -weight needed on saddle to break the shock stiction
    -check sag with DU bushing vs roller bearing

Any others that might interest people?
    IME, there is zero or close to zero breakaway to get the shock moving, the difference is really remarkable. I have them on a couple of bikes. Press on it, it moves. How much it moves is dependent on how you've got the shock set up ofc.

I've got a kit coming for a new Topaz as well FWIW.

mtbr member
    Doesn't the breakaway to get the shock moving also depend on the pivot bearings? It seems like the RWC needle bearing kit would only help if the shock mount bushings were the weak link/rate-limiting component. Do the shock mount bearings typically have more friction than the suspension pivot bearings?

Or maybe it doesn't matter, and the RWC kit reduces the cumulative stiction of the system as a whole. I'm confusing myself already

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Duffman View Post
    It seems like the RWC needle bearing kit would only help if the shock mount bushings were the weak link/rate-limiting component. Do the shock mount bearings typically have more friction than the suspension pivot bearings?
    Yes, typically shock bushings (DU Bushing for example) have had much more friction than the other pivot points on the frame that were cartridge bearings. Some improvements have been made to shock bushing systems, but they don't come close to the smoothness of the needle bearing kits. You will notice more shock options with bearings built into the shock mounts in order to overcome this weakness in an alternate way.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Duffman View Post
    Doesn't the breakaway to get the shock moving also depend on the pivot bearings? It seems like the RWC needle bearing kit would only help if the shock mount bushings were the weak link/rate-limiting component. Do the shock mount bearings typically have more friction than the suspension pivot bearings?

Or maybe it doesn't matter, and the RWC kit reduces the cumulative stiction of the system as a whole. I'm confusing myself already
    Just cycle the suspension with the shock removed to see how little friction you have to overcome in the bearings, assuming they're not fried. And then try pivoting the shock alone on its bushings and you'll see the difference.

mtbr member
    Do you have a kit available for a Knolly Endorphin (2017 / 27.5)?

Thanks in advance!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123