Formerly NattyBoh74...

Quickie on a Marzocchi 44ti.

I have a 44ti that I installed late last and and I havent had time to ride it yet. What I noticed is that the air bleeds out of it over time? Is this normal?? Like I said its a brand new unused fork. So Im not sure what is going on or why its bleeding out... Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by mroneeyedboh View Post
    I have a 44ti that I installed late last and and I havent had time to ride it yet. What I noticed is that the air bleeds out of it over time? Is this normal?? Like I said its a brand new unused fork. So Im not sure what is going on or why its bleeding out... Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Shouldn't be leaking air.

Check that the top caps are tight, that the valves cores are too, that the top caps o-rings are oiled, etc. Might also be a good idea to check if there is enough oil in there. You should have oil over the top of the rebound damper rod when the fork is fully extended usually, with the coil spring out.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Formerly NattyBoh74...
    How do I check if the oil is in there or not?

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by mroneeyedboh View Post
    How do I check if the oil is in there or not?
    Release pressure in both legs by the top cap. Then start with one side by removing the top cap and then coil spring if there is any. With the fork fully extended, take a flashlight and look if you see just oil or if the piston head can be seen. If you can see it, try to cycle down the fork till it gets top up with the oil and see if it's a long way to go. Then do same with the other side and see if both side have the same oil level once the fork is fully down and fully up. While you're at it, make sure that the top caps threads and o-rings are lubed, then that the valve cores are tight.

Also go check on Marzocchi website for your fork's manual. I'm not an expert, so I'll let others who have experience on this exact fork troubleshoot you if you can't get it fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Formerly NattyBoh74...
    thanks. Any other help is appreciated

Formerly NattyBoh74...
    bump

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Easiest check would be to inflate the fork and take a spray bottle (soap / water mix) and spray the top cap & air valve and watch for bubbles. Try cycling the fork during this process as well.

Formerly NattyBoh74...
    Thanks.