MrR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Question about Marzocchi 66 VF2 fork

Hi all,

I recently bought a Kona Coiler Deluxe, mod. 2006.
    I bought it second handed, but i didn't get a pump for the fork and rear shock.

I bought a high pressure suspension pump of 25 bar max. which is appropriate to use for my Fox DHX 4.0 rear shock.

When i was browsing in my fork's manual, i noticed that it should be pumped with much lower pressure. (for my weight the pressure needs to be about 45 psi) My question is: can i still use the high pressure pump for my fork? Or this isn't recommended?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I think you need to double check youe manual. I had a 66 vf2 and that's a coil/air assist fork not a pure air fork. If I remember correctly recomeded max air pressure is around 15psi (1 bar) I'm a big guy and ran a touch more but I would think if you put 45psi in it, it will run like a rigid....

MrR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yes you are right.
    I checked the manual again and the max air pressure appears to be around 15 psi indeed.
    Adding such low pressure levels seems impossible with the pump i recently bought so i guess i have to buy another one for my fork.

Any suggestions for a low pressure pump that's not too expensive? The ones on Marzocchi's webshop are a little pricey imo.