mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Push vs Suspension experts for cutom tuning

Wanting to have my rp-23 tuned to get it to perform better for racing. Push's lead time is to far out so Im thinking of sending it to suspension experts. How do they compare?

mtbr member
    K6,

We are scheduling rear shocks as early as next week. Depending on where you're located, transit time to us may close that gap to just a couple of days.

Darren

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I already called, I wouldn't get it back for 2 weeks. I have race that I need the bike for, before that otherwise, I would send it in. I will probably just wait until you aren't so busy before I send it in unless you have some sort of rush service???

mtbr member
    No rush service (quit trying to cut in front of me ) but they are worth the wait. They don't just custom tune - they have their own proprietary hi-flow pistons that work FAR better than the stock piston setup. No other shock service has that for air shocks that I know of.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    I cant speak for the other but i had mine tuned by Push this year and wow what a difference. I couldnt be happier with it.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by k6monster View Post
    I already called, I wouldn't get it back for 2 weeks. I have race that I need the bike for, before that otherwise, I would send it in. I will probably just wait until you aren't so busy before I send it in unless you have some sort of rush service???
    If I needed my shock back on my bike in less than two weeks, I would not be shipping it anywhere for re-tuning.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta View Post
    If I needed my shock back on my bike in less than two weeks, I would not be shipping it anywhere for re-tuning.
    Ditto. Sure send them a spare shock, but two weeks before a race nothing should be changed unless absolutely necessary. Even a new tune invokes risk in a race because the bike is going to react differently, old habits may take some unlearning.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz and NZ Manitou Service Agent.
    www.dougal.co.nz Suspension setup & tuning.
    SPV Devolve

mtbr member
    Here's another option if you don't want to send your stuff in:

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/i...&product_id=75

Just sayin'

Darren

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/i...&product_id=75

Just sayin'

Darren

Darren,

Ever make any progress on getting an answer with the clearance issue on the Giant Reign with a pierced down tube?
    Iím sure I know the answer but figured I should ask. My RP23 is just flat out awful and I would really like a solution.

moaaar shimz
    Yo Darren I sent PUSH an email almost a month ago and no response, can I send you a PM or can you send me your email by PM?

Thanks

mtbr member

Push email

Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    Yo Darren I sent PUSH an email almost a month ago and no response, can I send you a PM or can you send me your email by PM?

Thanks
    I have not had an email returned to me from PUSH the last 4 or 5 times I emailed, over the course of 3 or 4 months. I wonder why PUSH even lists their email? Their email has been completely useless to me. I would just call them.

mtbr member
    Darren,

Ever make any progress on getting an answer with the clearance issue on the Giant Reign with a pierced down tube?
    Iím sure I know the answer but figured I should ask. My RP23 is just flat out awful and I would really like a solution.
    Not yet unfortunately.

Thanks
    We hired a guy a week ago dedicated just for email and phone work so we're going to be getting on top of that shortly. If you need something hit up sales@pushindustries.com or info@pushindustries.com

I have not had an email returned to me from PUSH the last 4 or 5 times I emailed, over the course of 3 or 4 months. I wonder why PUSH even lists their email? Their email has been completely useless to me. I would just call them.
    See above....although there is still some training going on, Nick will be handling all of our incoming email traffic from now on.

Darren

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by wfoacman View Post
    Agreed. It seems like you get more responses posting on here then from emailing them

Still worth the effort though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I havent had experience with push, but Ive heard they do awesome work. But, I sent it into the suspension experts on monday and got it back today. they tuned the propedal and the rebound. WOW, what a difference. The shock has pedal bob with the propedal off. But its about the same as with propedal on 3 before i sent it in. With the propedal on, there isnt any movement from pedaling, but when I rode it around, hit some bumps, small drops and a few bunny hops... i used 3/4 of the travel. It felt amazing. Im excited to see if it makes a difference on the race course. I wonder how much power I waisted on hills and flats with all that movement from pedaling. Plus... I put about 20lbs less than I used to.

mtbr member
    I do not have any personal experience with Suspension Experts but my riding buddies who used them are very happy with their work..
    When the time comes for me I will give them a try also, another plus point for me is that they are local for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I sent my rear Fox CTD remote lockout Float 2013 shock that came on my Rocky Mountain Element 999 RLS frame. The turn-a-round time was fast 6 days, they were great to work with and know their stuff !! Good fair pricing. The difference in my bike is like night and day. So smooth the rear wheel feels much more planted to the ground, you will feel the difference and now they work with PUSH. My Fox 120mm Float fork is next, can't wait !! Highly recommended !!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post

Push Industries - RockShox Monarch RT3

Just sayin'

Darren
    hey there Darren,

could you check your PM, please
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just sent my 2014 32 Fox CTD Float remote 120mm fork out to Suspension Experts, I'm that impressed with the rear shock service they did. It's going to rain the next several day's.