mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Push my float or go VAN?

I'm sick of my Float 130 only getting 100mm of travel. It's a 2011 FIT RLC 32, and I lowered it to 130mm. So here's the deal: I run this fork on a Yeti ASR-5, and though I love the feel and tunability of the fork, I feel like only having 100mm of travel up front is holding me back when I'm pushing it hard on the downhills. So I've thought about switching to a revelation, even fantasized about the new PIKE coming out this year, but in the end, I can't decide what to do. I've narrowed it down to these 2 choices:

Either I send my Float in to PUSH and have a high volume air canister installed -OR-
    I throw down some cash for a Vanilla 32.

I love the tapered steerer, and have no issues with a 15mm axle because I'm only 150#. I will definitely stay with this format... no straight steerers or 20mm axle conversions in my future. I also will not consider putting a 36mm fork on my 5" travel bike. I have my bike down to about 27ish pounds, and while I don't mind adding a half pound for a significant boost in performance, weight is definitely a concern.

Anyone have any ideas for me? Just looking for any input from people who have run either (or both?) fork.

mtbr member
    I had a Float RLC(140mm) and was getting 110mm-100mm. Sold it and got a Revelation and I have not looked back. My only complaint with the fork would be a little more support mid stroke but Fox doesnt offer that either.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Hey Max. Its going to come down to how much $$$ do you want to spend. I have had the rear shock and my Revelation rebuilt by Push and the quality is just about as good as it gets. Both are on a 575 and I believe they do "feel" better than the stock but that's likely subjective.

Push will set you back about $200~$250 depending on the build you choose. Buying a new fork is much more expensive.

That said, the Revelation is an awesome fork.. My advice though, save the dough and Push it..
    Remember: "Friends Don't Let Friends Ride Junk"

Quote: "Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks"
    - A Yeti Rider