Drinkin' the RIP9 Koolaid

Push Industries turn around times?

Those of you who have had a shock or fork Push'd; How long did it take to get it back? I shipped my RP23 out last Thursday with scheduled delivery on Monday to them. I got a UPS shipping notification saying it had been picked up and was on it's way back on Monday. The same day they received it. Is that normal?

They said it normally takes 1-3 days turn around once they receive it. I just want to make sure I'm not getting short changed by same day turn around on it.

Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    I've never dealt with them, just call and ask. Maybe they don't have any backlog. In the door out the door is the best way to do business, as long as your providing a quality product.
    2011 Stump Jumper
    2005 Iron Horse Warrior

I got nothin'
    I had my fork done right before Christmas. They serviced it the day after they recieved it and shipped it back to me that same day. No backlog during the holidays.

BTW, it probably only takes them 30 miniutes at most to do your shock.
    I ride at ludicrous speed

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrogeek View Post
    I had my fork done right before Christmas. They serviced it the day after they recieved it and shipped it back to me that same day. No backlog during the holidays.

What he said^^^

Its not just the holidays though, most people are last minute and wait until spring. This is slow season for anything bike related, and a great time to send stuff in for work. In the spring, the waits will be long

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I got mine back last August within about 4-5 days. Super fast!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Are you getting it tuned or just overhaul?
    You should call them up and "complain" about their speedy service

I got a full custom tune as well as a rebuild. At the price, I'm hoping it was worth it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    What made you guys choose PUSH industries versus other companies? I need to have my rear RockShox Vivid rebuild, trying to decide between PUSH or Suspension Experts in North Carolina.

I was looking for recommendations and heard nothing but great things about Push. Suspension Experts is actually about 3 hours from me, so would have been much closer.

If they actually rebuild it, customized it, and shipped it back out the same day they received it, it was well worth it. I'll know more Friday when it's due to be delivered back to me.

mtbr member
    Those of you who have had a shock or fork Push'd; How long did it take to get it back? I shipped my RP23 out last Thursday with scheduled delivery on Monday to them. I got a UPS shipping notification saying it had been picked up and was on it's way back on Monday. The same day they received it. Is that normal?

They said it normally takes 1-3 days turn around once they receive it. I just want to make sure I'm not getting short changed by same day turn around on it.
    After years of complaints about how long it took for people to get their stuff back this sure is welcome!

On a serious note, no reason to be concerned. We switched to an appointment system back a couple of years ago that has allowed us to maintain normally a 1-3 day turn around on service. This time of year is slow, so we error closer to the 1 day. I can assure you that everything was performed to our highest standards. Once you get your shock back and get some break-in time, feel free to contact us with any questions.

I sure wish this was the case! Even with our most basic of services each suspension unit gets completely torn down and reassembled. It is one thing that separates us from our competitors.

You should call them up and "complain" about their speedy service
    LOL....got a chuckle from this one

Darren

Damn UPS. Why do you only show up at my house at the end of the day? There's still riding light left in the day.

Ok, got the shock back and installed. Definitely feels smoother, but won't know until my ride on Sunday.

I thought I saw something where they changed out the DU bushing on the shock, but it has the same bushings it went out with. Anyone know anything about that?

mtbr member
    Ok, got the shock back and installed. Definitely feels smoother, but won't know until my ride on Sunday.

I thought I saw something where they changed out the DU bushing on the shock, but it has the same bushings it went out with. Anyone know anything about that?
    The shock eyelet is comprised of mounting reducers/axle(visible externally), and the DU bushing(Not visible externally) that is pressed into the eyelet. The bushing is what wears, the mount reducers/axle pin does not.

Darren

Got it, thanks. It's the little things I'm clueless about that get me.