mtbr member
    Aug 2005

PUSH industries tuning: Fox FIT with HV Piston, or Rock Shox Reba Tuned?????

I have a Fox F29 with the FIT cartridge. I am not happy with the small bump performance and am planning on sending to PUSH. I am 200 pounds and find that the fork is harsh at the pressure I need to run it at (I run at 80 psi on my tallboy0

I am going to send it to them and have a rebuild and HV piston kit. I think this will help.

HOWEVER.....

I am also considering this....Fox can't tune a FIT cartridge fork (tune for your specific body weight and riding style, etc). They can only do that with an open bath design.

So I am also considering ditching the FIT fork and buying a Rock Shox Reba (used off ebay probaby) and having PUSH tune it to my weight. I think there is a lot of performance that could be gained by a fork that is tuned to your body weight, especially since most forks are probably factory set for a slightly lighter rider than 200 pounds.

Which would you do?

thanks
    Matt

mtbr member
    Matt,

Also, FIT cartridge and CTD fork tuning kits are being released the first of January at PUSH.

Darren

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    oh wow! that may solve my problem!

mtbr member
    I've got one of the open dampener models that come with the Trek Stache. Can you tune it to a rider weight of 250#? I really have to make it stiff to keep it from bottoming.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post
    Matt,

Also, FIT cartridge and CTD fork tuning kits are being released the first of January at PUSH.

Darren
    Darren,

Do you have an update on this service?

Mike