mtbr member
    May 2011

PUSH Ind worth it?

I am due to rebuild my fork and shock...i usually do it on my own, but a couple of people mentioned PUSH as an option..

is it really worth it? also after sending it to push industries, are u able to purchase a rebuild kit? or do they use OEM O-rings and seals? kind of curious if it is really worth the extra coin and if this will limit my rebuild capabilities in the future.

Any and all info will be great.

Jesse

Save Jesus
    I would only send it to push if you need a modification done, or you already tried adjusting the damping and are not satisfied. Some of the seals they use are oem and some are their own.

mtbr member
    Jesse,

Our Factory Rebuilds do provide items that you wouldn't do during a routine home service. Also, depending on which fork it is, we would upgrade components even in a rebuild. Such as replacing the plastic damper seal housing in a RockShox fork.

Also, after service you're still able to do routine service at home if that's your preference. The difference would be replacing some of our upgraded seals back to stock.

Darren

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse101 View Post
    I am due to rebuild my fork and shock...i usually do it on my own, but a couple of people mentioned PUSH as an option..

is it really worth it? also after sending it to push industries, are u able to purchase a rebuild kit? or do they use OEM O-rings and seals? kind of curious if it is really worth the extra coin and if this will limit my rebuild capabilities in the future.

Any and all info will be great.

Jesse
    I was in the same boat you were. I decided to go with the PUSH service (full tune)for my RP23. After an initial issue right after the service, Darren and his crew were very responsive and went above and beyond to take care of me. Their customer service was incredible. The rear shock has been trouble free for nearly 2 years and hasn't missed a beat (I know, I'm way beyond needing a rebuild based on regular intervals!). The tune they did was outstanding as well. It really was night and day compared to the stock shock. I'm looking forward to sending more of my suspension items to PUSH in the near future. Darren and his crew run a top shelf operation.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    thank you guys for the info.

Darren, do you sell your O-rings and seals separately, or basically once you guys rebuild my fork, i will only have the option to use OEM parts when rebuilding myself? and therefore i will be going back to a normal rebuild?

I noticed the option of the factory fork service, which includes:

Complete Factory Rebuild
    Complete CNC machined rebound assembly
    Type III Hardcoat treated damping rod, precision ground and polished for stiction free performance and ultimate sealability
    25 click external low speed control
    High speed rebound via Internal high flow shimmed rebound piston for increased response to successive bumps
    High flow mid-valve design providing increased damping support under braking and “stair-step” type impacts

this above seems appealing, and considering all the parts listed above, a factory rebuild in this situation wont be possible after the fact? and if i was in need of a rebuild, i will have to send it back in to you guys every time? and an OEM rebuild (do it myself) is only possible if you guys were just doing a rebuild and not the factory fork system option?

Also how long is the turn around time? is it a week, days?...want to try and time my down time. Thanks again for the info, its greatly appreciated.

Jesse

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I had my rp23 done and was like night and day. Would recommend

mtbr member
    all a rebuild consists of is seals and oil. I don't know why you're so concerned about rebuilding it down the road. They're not doing anything that is going to affect you rebuilding it at home, other than using stock fox seals which PUSH replaces (some of them) with better ones. In fact really all that is needed on rebuilds is a cleaning and fresh oil. Changing the seals is just preventative maintenance. The custom valves and shim stacks doesn't make any difference when doing basic servicing at home.