mtbr member

Progressive ti-springs

Im looking for a 450x2.5 Progressive ti-spring. Anyone have one or know where I can get one?

mtbr member
    Diverse has em (will fit a progressive shock)

http://www.diverse-mfg.com/mtb/titan...ockspring.html

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Diverse will be the easiest one. IŽve ordered Ti-springs from Diverse twice during last months, and their customer service is excellent.

But are there any others? Any information about the dealer selling also shorter / lighter Renton/ RCS- Ti-springs? Have tried to find 2,25 * 400 (or 375) RCS- Ti-spring on_stock, but without success. Does Renton deliver springs directly ?

Any other alternatives - my needs are simple - ID more than 36,2mm and free lenght less than 130 mm ?

mtbr member
    I looked at Diverse and the ti spring is only 130 grams lighter than the steel version I currently have. Im not sure 130 grams is worth $175.

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    I looked at Diverse and the ti spring is only 130 grams lighter than the steel version I currently have. Im not sure 130 grams is worth $175.
    Yep, DSP springs are cheap but they are not as light as the RCS. For my 500x2.5 the RCS is over 200g lighter than my lightest steel 450lb. The DSP is over 100g heavier at that spring rate. If you want Ti just to claim you have Ti then get a DSP, if you are doing it to save the maximum weight then go to RCS.

Obtanium are light too, but give back 20-60g depending on the performance adapters required.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    ...Obtanium are light too, but give back 20-60g depending on the performance adapters required.
    Obtainium products are nice but they does not sell spring shorter than for 3.00" stroke. IŽll tried their bearing kit in CCDB, clever thingie - but when trying it I notice the difference with 450lbs Diverse TI-spring; there was really small rotation when spring compressed. But with another one Diverse TI-spring (400 lbs, which is more suitable for my weight...) there was no difference. No rotation to spring at all...
    IŽll suppose there more effect with longer / heavier springs if someone`s is going to use those bearing kits. I`ve also those performance adapters, actually there is one in my CCDB just now, but they only for keeping spring centered for avoiding rubbing to shock`s cylinder...

eBiker
    Have a Progressive Ti 400# x 3 @ 332g

I know it is not your measurements, but thought I would throw it out there anyway. $100.

P

mtbr member
    Nuke Proof makes a Ti spring that is lighter that Diverse for most sizes but I don't see a 2.5" stroke on chain reaction's website.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=15605

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I picked up a new Ti spring from www.bikewagon.com online for pretty cheap for my Avy 5th. No brand name on it, but it's tons lighter than a steel spring
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    Have a Progressive Ti 400# x 3 @ 332g

I know it is not your measurements, but thought I would throw it out there anyway. $100.

P
    I ordered a 450x2.5 DSP spring today. Its suppose to be 317g.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    Yep, DSP springs are cheap but they are not as light as the RCS. For my 500x2.5 the RCS is over 200g lighter than my lightest steel 450lb. The DSP is over 100g heavier at that spring rate. If you want Ti just to claim you have Ti then get a DSP, if you are doing it to save the maximum weight then go to RCS.

Obtanium are light too, but give back 20-60g depending on the performance adapters required.
    RCS 450x2.5-313g
    DSP 450x2.5-317g
    Obtainium 450x3-331g

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    RCS 450x2.5-313g
    DSP 450x2.5-317g
    Obtainium 450x3-331g
    There is a difference between the DSP claimed weight and their actual weights , so buyer beware. Search around online to see if you can find other riders that have actually weighed the same rate and length you are looking for. There is a pretty good thread with lots of Ti spring actual weights over on ridemonkey dh board, but mtbr mods will yank it if I put a link to it here

Also using the obtanium on a 2.5 stroke shock you will have to use their longest performance adapters so add to that 331g. In most cases RCS will come out ahead on weight, but they obviously aren't as adaptable as the obtanium
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

eBiker
    Check out this one

Progressive 350# 2.25

KNTR, is this the type of Progressive spring you are referring to (not size/rating in my example but design style)?

P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Progressive ti-springs-p1000022.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

www.derbyrims.com
    I met the tech at the Diverse booth at Sea Otter last weekend. Totally knowledgeable guy with a long history in professional shock internal tuning and design for pro racers, and consults with Darren at PUSH a lot. He informed me, along with a lot of other stuff, that Diverse wound all the ti coils for Progressive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    Check out this one

Progressive 350# 2.25

KNTR, is this the type of Progressive spring you are referring to (not size/rating in my example but design style)?

P

Now thats what Im talking about!!!!! I sure wish I could find a 450x2.5.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I CHU ti spring 300x3.0 is 308g from Spring Time.
    Found here.