mtbr member

Point me to a 26 and a 29 fork that are similar in design, same brand, $800 for both.

I need a new 29er fork and while I'm at it I should get one for my wife too. I would like to get forks that operate and adjust in a similar way. (To keep things simple). Both should be 80-100 mm and both should be non-tapered. Is this a mythic quest? I would like to spend about 400 each.

So far I'm interested in x fusion, but I don't know much about them.

Also, I would like the 26er fork to be relatively low ATC but still possibly fit a650b wheel.
    germs, needles, milk, death, snakes, mushrooms, heights, crowds, elevators

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Manitou Tower and Manitou Minute. The expert versions are under $400 while the pro ones are over $400, but if you wait for a sale you can get either one for under $400. The Pro versions are a bit lighter and use a different spring system, other than that they're identical.

I run the 100mm Minute Pro on my bikes and I'm very happy with it, the damping system is about as good as it gets for a trail fork and I have no complaints about its performance. I've ridden it on everything I can think of and it just plain works, it glues the front tire to the ground and gives tons of traction & control even on gnarly DH runs, it just goes where it's pointed and stays in control.