• 01-20-2013
    SABER_MTB
    Pit Stop Semi Synthetic Fluid
    I want to get some information about thees......

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9117595/p4pb9117595.jpg

It only indicates ( Semi Synthetic ) on its container nothing about its Wt. ( viscosity ) or anything else
    Nor i havnt seen in any manual to mention where we could use it......

The thing i found my self is that its a very cool lubricant for the lowers and makes the fork travel smooth thus you could experience a higher level of sensitivity

Was i right ?
  • 01-20-2013
    Matty F
    That is a bottle of Maxima with a different label on it. I presume it's the Maxima RFF since it specifies that it is fork fluid on the Rock Shox label. Don`t know what the weight is, but Rock Shox typically states 15wt for their lower leg lubricant, which if it`s Maxima's 15wt RFF would have a kinematic viscosity of 47.1 cSt @ 40 C. That is very close to Fox's 10wt. I don't know that I've used Maxima in my own forks deliberately (perhaps something re-branded I didn't know about) but I know that is the fluid of choice for Push.
  • 01-20-2013
    tacubaya
    That's just Redrum, used for air piston and lowers lubrication.
  • 01-20-2013
    SABER_MTB
    Tacubaya....so i can use it in the lowers with no post issues for the bushing and the seals OK ?
  • 01-20-2013
    tacubaya
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SABER_MTB View Post
    Tacubaya....so i can use it in the lowers with no post issues for the bushing and the seals OK ?

No issues, you can use it.
  • 01-21-2013
    SABER_MTB
    Thanx and do you have any idea on its viscosity ?