mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Not sure about my upgrade (Manitou Splice Comp 100mm to Marzocchi MX Pro LO 100mm)

Other than better reliability (and lock-out), is the MX Pro LO supposed to have other advantages over the Splice Comp? So far it seems that the quality of the suspension is not as good, especially when it comes to small bumps.

Maybe I didn't set up the Marzocchi properly.I inflated it to 25PSI, which gives a sag of about 2 cm / 1 inch. I tuned the rebound to be relatively slow, about three turns from its limit. It didn't feel right with faster rebound.

Another option - too short a break in. So far I rode about 100 KM. Any chance this is insufficient?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    First and final bump...

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Put about....

another 60k on it and then change the oil in the fork. You'll be surprised at the improvement. There's allot of crud that gets into the oil during break in. Also speed up your rebound a bit. With it set that slow you could be getting a little packing over smaller consecutive bumps, i.e. the fork doesn't quite have time to extend before the next bump. This will make the fork feel a harsher on the small stuff. Don't go crazy with it, just a turn at a time and expriment with it. Rebound damper settings are always a compromise between the pogo stick effect (no rebound damping), and too slow. A little fiddling with the settings and you'll find the sweet spot.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks Squash, if it doesn't improve I'll try your suggestion.

mbtr member
    they're kinda like the same fork from two different manufacturers.
    Last edited by scottzg; 09-24-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Hell is eternally climbing manzanita trail on your singlespeed.