mtbr member
    May 2008

Norco A Line build,vivid 5.1 rear shock/spring questions.

I'm doing a build on a 2009 norco aline. I just have a couple of questions about the rear suspension and spring choice. First, is the four bar or horst link suspension on the norco aline a rising rate, constant rate, or falling rate suspension design? I've used the mtb spring calculators available online and they ask about this. Can you recommend a good starting point for me on the spring? I weigh 140-145 with gear. I plan on running the bike mostly in the 9 inch travel setting. This would give me a leverage ratio of 3.0. The spring calculators are suggesting a 300 lb spring, this seems low to me but I don't know really that's why I'm here. I got a super cheap vivid 5.1 brand new on ebay but it has an unknown tune to it. I know I'd need to get the tune c or high tune shim set since it will mostly be in the 9 inch setting. Anyone have any experience changing the shims in the vivid? Ive watched the vivid service videos on YouTube and am very confident servicing forks so I feel fairly confident about tackling the vivid. Or how do I know what tune the shock has (it hasn't shown up yet)? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Kevin.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Norco A Line build,vivid 5.1 rear shock/spring questions.-img_20111123_131324.jpg