mtbr member
    Sep 2007

for a non racer rider what is better fox 40 rc2 or the regular r?

for a non racer rider what is better fox 40 rc2 or the regular r
    do you actually use the rc or leave them wide open

www.derbyrims.com
    The "C" is compression damping and is very useful to adjust 1 to 4 clicks in from wide open for tuning slower dive when braking. With out "C" the fox forks brake dive very freely.

The "R" is for rebound damping and it should be set a few clicks in from wide open, enough clicks so that your fork doesn't bounce freely.

Too many clicks in from wide open for either Rebound or compression and it becomes noticeably too firm and choppy riding.

Start tuning with the compression wide open and adjust your rebound first on your favorite bumpy trail so that it isn't bouncy, but not firm. Then adjust compression one or two clicks in from wide open to adjust for less hard-braking dive when your body weight is shifted back on the bike, but not so firm that it become harsh hitting bumps. It takes some testing, and some trails like more or less damping than others so try a little firmer or softer damping on different types of trails to learn about.

Oh yeah, the RLC is better than the R for any rider.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    FIRST THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE
    -- i understand the idea of the basic adjustments of compression and rebound but not certain what i should do with the high speed and the low speed
    i mean that i didnt had travel problems with my old 2006 40 r and he was plushy and responsively from 13 f drops, or fast dh runs,braking bumps and so..
    so please explain the functions of the high and low speed

many thanks