mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Noleen Crosslink fork question

Suspension gurus, I recently picked up a Noleen Crosslink ELT fork for my brother's older mountain bike, as it was the fork he had ridden on it for many years; he preferred the rigid blade of the Noleen to telescopic forks.
    Anyways, I noticed that the fork has some different adjustment possibilities I am not sure how to take advantage of. The biggest one is that, under the front shock, where the lower link attaches to the fork legs, there are three different slots to attach the lower link to- a lower set of holes, a middle one, and a high one; currently the link is in the middle position. So- what will changing the position of the lower link do to this fork? What are the pluses and minuses of each position? Do the different positions require different lengths of shocks?
    Thanks!
    undefined Absolutely must have: Black Machine Tech Zeroflex brake levers (the ones with the rotating leverage adjuster)

dirtbag
    There have been a couple iterations of the proflex noleen forks. I have two Crosslink forks, however, neither of mine have the lower link adjustments you describe. My guess it that the adjustments on your fork provide different fork travel. Try posing your question with the guys here, Proflex / K2 Riders Group News
    Amolan