Mai
    mtbr member

noleen Chubby Lt

I have a K2 Beast and the Chubby Lt fork is locked up. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it time for a new fork.

Chris

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mai
    I have a K2 Beast and the Chubby Lt fork is locked up. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it time for a new fork.

Chris
    Time to retire that pogo stick, I mean fork. The Noleen Chubby is an elastomer fork the elastomers are probably shot. Mountain Speed used to make a spring upgrade but the fork still had no rebound control. Most modern forks will perform much better than the Noleen even as new.

Mai
    mtbr member
    Thanks keen Is it even worth the time to repair it? If not could I replace with something like http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKSHOX-...QQcmdZViewItem this

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Actually the Chubby was a variant of the RST Hi-5 made under contract for Noleen, and like the Hi-5 shared its air-damping valve. The reason the fork has locked up is undoubtedly because the elastomers have either stiffened up severally, or have in fact melted and have jammed the fork.

It'd be better off replacing it with a decent modern singlecrown 4 or 5" travel fork, unless you really like to tinker and/or feel attached to the noleen.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Mai
    mtbr member
    Not really attached but wanted to fix or replace at the lowest cost possible. Thanks for the help