mtbr member
    Dec 2009

New or repair? Fox or Push?

Situation: My ole Fox Float 100 RLC needs major repair- $400. That would bring it to 'new' condition. BUT...is this putting money into old technology? What could $600 get me? Or is it foolish to spend the cash to get new?
    I do only xc...100mm is perfect...the fork was ideal... It's just that I am sure that over the past 6 or 7 years, technology has improved...but worth spending more than the $400 to get it fixed? The price was from both Fox and Push.
    And while you are at it: Better to get Fox or Push do a factory rebuild?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    If $600 is what you are willing to spend, then Push is the way to go. I would ultimately recommend a new fork for the best performance, because technology has come quite a way as you said, but you may have to spend $800+ to get in to all the latest goodies like FIT dampers and Kashima coat.

mtbr member
    If you choose Push I would go for the Factory tune which will pretty much bring you up to what a new fork offers for internals.

mtbr member
    Situation: My ole Fox Float 100 RLC needs major repair- $400. That would bring it to 'new' condition. BUT...is this putting money into old technology? What could $600 get me? Or is it foolish to spend the cash to get new?
    I do only xc...100mm is perfect...the fork was ideal... It's just that I am sure that over the past 6 or 7 years, technology has improved...but worth spending more than the $400 to get it fixed? The price was from both Fox and Push.
    And while you are at it: Better to get Fox or Push do a factory rebuild?
    Ouch! Sounds like you may need a new upper assembly or something?

Darren

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post
    Ouch! Sounds like you may need a new upper assembly or something?

Darren
    Yes. The OP has another thread on here detailing the issue.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Decision made: PUSH! I will let them factory rebuild the RLC...it will run me about $400. I liked the attention that was given to me during my telephone contact. Haven't heard any negatives about PUSH...so I bit the bullet and fork will be sent to them tomorrow.

Drinkin' the RIP9 Koolaid
    I just got my RP23 back from them. They did a great job with the custom tune and the turn around time was amazing. Well worth it in my opinion.

mtbr member
    You will be very happy with the fork after Push gives it some TLC.