Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    789

    New or rebuilt Pushed Fox fork....

    Currently I own a 2011 Fox F29 FIT RLC 100mm that has some very light vertical markings on the drive-side sanctions. These markings haven't been troublesome at all but it's time to either replace it or have it fixed, personal decision. I contacted Push and they will evaluate and recommend either replacing or using the sanction tubes before continuing. If a new crown is needed (most likely needed) it will cost roughly about $400 plus their services, which brings the total build to around $600. For a couple of hundred more I could pick up a new 2013 CTD and call it a day. What would you guys do? In short, I either end up with a 2011 (built to new condition that's Pushed) or just purchase a 2013 for the extra $$$.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 11053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,443
    Light vertical wear marks usually indicate damage from the bushings due to insufficient lubrication.
    The reasons for this can be incorrect fluid volumes, lack of basic maintenance, or greatly exceeding FOX's recommended service intervals.
    You don't know what you have till the fork is opened up. You could need bushing + stanchion replacement.
    However, many Fox forks that show slight signs of wear on the stanchions will still run for years if you service them regularly and keeping the oil volumes where they need to be.
    Fox sells replacement crowns/steerer/stanchions direct-call them and get an idea on price.
    Fox can also do the replacement work and you may be pleasantly surprised at their prices.
    A completely rebuilt and Pushed fork would be awesome though.
    For a similar price you could also find a 2012 model on closeout.
    I'd probably go rebuilt or closeout before buying a new 2013.
    Go rebuilt or closeout and save the extra cash for more frequent fork service?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Clydesdale View Post
    Light vertical wear marks usually indicate damage from the bushings due to insufficient lubrication.
    The reasons for this can be incorrect fluid volumes, lack of basic maintenance, or greatly exceeding FOX's recommended service intervals.
    You don't know what you have till the fork is opened up. You could need bushing + stanchion replacement.
    However, many Fox forks that show slight signs of wear on the stanchions will still run for years if you service them regularly and keeping the oil volumes where they need to be.
    Fox sells replacement crowns/steerer/stanchions direct-call them and get an idea on price.
    Fox can also do the replacement work and you may be pleasantly surprised at their prices.
    A completely rebuilt and Pushed fork would be awesome though.
    For a similar price you could also find a 2012 model on closeout.
    I'd probably go rebuilt or closeout before buying a new 2013.
    Go rebuilt or closeout and save the extra cash for more frequent fork service?
    Thank you for your recommendation. I'm also leaning towards a rebuilt fork by Push with a new crown. I have a Pushed Monarch RT3 on my Tallboy and love it, no doubt they'll do a fantastic job.

    Unfortunately the previous owner didn't keep up the maintenance which a you stated, lead to the problem.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nixgame22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    Currently I own a 2011 Fox F29 FIT RLC 100mm that has some very light vertical markings on the drive-side sanctions. These markings haven't been troublesome at all but it's time to either replace it or have it fixed, personal decision. I contacted Push and they will evaluate and recommend either replacing or using the sanction tubes before continuing. If a new crown is needed (most likely needed) it will cost roughly about $400 plus their services, which brings the total build to around $600. For a couple of hundred more I could pick up a new 2013 CTD and call it a day. What would you guys do? In short, I either end up with a 2011 (built to new condition that's Pushed) or just purchase a 2013 for the extra $$$.
    I think you may have been misinformed, you would would be looking at around $429 for the CSU, bushings, and the PUSH service.
    Maintain internal heights.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by nixgame22 View Post
    I think you may have been misinformed, you would would be looking at around $429 for the CSU, bushings, and the PUSH service.
    If this is the case I will definitely have the Push perform the service. I will contact them next week to see if this is the case. Are you employed by Push? You just sound very certain of the pricing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •