Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Re: New inline Double Barrel Cane Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Even so, it still follows the laws of which way oil has to flow, unless you think it's going to somehow be flowing in reverse. Do you realize which way the oil flows through a pyramid stack?
    Do you realize how a twin tube shock works? On reb, the piston forces all oil through the outer tube and back around through the lsr/hsr orifice.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdn...-diagrams0.jpg

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm520 View Post
    Do you realize how a twin tube shock works? On reb, the piston forces all oil through the outer tube and back around through the lsr/hsr orifice.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdn...-diagrams0.jpg
    Well how about this, on compression, the piston forces the fluid towards the reservoir end, except when the hit is too fast, then the shims flex and the oil is passed through the shims, the oil may still be flowing "mostly" in the direction towards the reservoir end, but relative to the piston when it starts flowing through the shims it's opposite direction flow. Otherwise, it wouldn't make any sense at all.

You don't have to take my word for it. here's the webpage with the picture of the coil-shock piston head:

Cane Creek Factory Tour ? New Colors, New AER Cap and Double Barrel Dyno!

You can see pretty well in this air-shock cutaway which side the compression shims are on, there is a washer over the rebound like you describe, but it's on the opposite side that you are claiming.

The CCDB and a normal shock are going to attempt to push fluid the exact same direction, the CCDB will actually do it due to the twin tube design, but you are not thinking about when the fluid can't move fast enough, then it's back to square one, pretend the fluid isn't moving at all, since effectively it's not, shock works just like a regular shock in this extreme. Shims flex, oil bypasses. No big deal.

This one's even better (need to click on link to see full-size and see the shims):
    http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/dat...Air_1280-8.jpg
    New inline Double Barrel Cane Creek-dbair_1280-8.jpg
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Not arguing about flow rates, purely stating that it doesn't need a reb circuit in the piston to ... rebound. I have no beef with this shock or desire to own one.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm520 View Post
    Not arguing about flow rates, purely stating that it doesn't need a reb circuit in the piston to ... rebound. I have no beef with this shock or desire to own one.
    The original discussion was whether we were looking at the rebound or compression side in the picture I posted. It was the coil shock and the rebound side, but it was mistakenly identified as the compression side because someone thought it was the air shock. Go back and read it if you like.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Why are we bickering about a completely different shock. This is the Inline thread, not the "issues with other past CC shocks" thread. Knowledge is great but can we stay focused on what is relevant to the Inline?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    anyone had any issue with rebound not slow enough

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Isn't rebound dependent on air pressure?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    not just air pressure but anyone over 180psi have the rebound set slow enough?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by POAH View Post
    not just air pressure but anyone over 180psi have the rebound set slow enough?
    HSR or LSR? What frame?

I have mine pressurised at 210PSi and no problem with rebound.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoFa73 View Post
    HSR or LSR? What frame?

Ditto.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    HSR or LSR? What frame?

what frame and shock size?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Knolly endorphin. Shock size: 7.875 x 2.25

mtbr member
    Giant Trance 27.5. Shock size: 7.875 x 2.0

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Anyone here who has gone from a DBAir into DBInline and provide some good feedback?
    Other than the weight, purely performance. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Finally back in town and got out for another ride on the DBInline. I was at approx 195psi before and it felt a little soft as I started out the ride. Increased pressure to 205 then again to just a touch over 210 and felt like I hit the mark. I also added 1/4 turn of both HSR and LSR. Will have to remember to count the turns from open to record this setting properly.

For the most part I left the CS wide open, with this setup on my Trance SX still felt quite plush yet extremely well controlled. The ride I did last night had a lot of climbing much of it quite technical, the shock provided all the traction I use, just need stronger legs and lungs.

One particular trail was a higher speed with lots of decently sized woops with steep and sharp berms. Although not super skilled at pump track type riding I was able to pump through and keep the rear stuck on the ground and not feel and harsh hits through the g-outs, or I could pop off the woop and get a little air. The Fox CTD would not have provided both.

On another section of trail it was tight, rough with roots and rocks and still pretty fast. The DBinline felt great through it to the point where I was somewhat pushing more on the back and lightening up the front end a little to compensate for the fork.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Has anyone put volume spacers in yet?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Interesting to see the high psi for different suspension designs. On my Carbine 29 with VPP2, at a 175lb body weight, I get proper sag (17mm) at 130psi in the shock. Weird to see 200+ but I guess different leverage ratios and all that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Interesting to see the high psi for different suspension designs. On my Carbine 29 with VPP2, at a 175lb body weight, I get proper sag (17mm) at 130psi in the shock. Weird to see 200+ but I guess different leverage ratios and all that.
    I am almost 190lbs, ride with a well equipped camelback on a Trance SX (2.8:1 leverage ratio - 140mm travel and 50mm stroke). With the 210 psi I am around 15mm sag (plus/minus 2mm) so running about 28-30%. I likely could run less pressure then use the CS during most riding to firm up the shock, however, as it is setup, it seems to handle pretty much all conditions very well and I can leave the CS wide open. Should note that with this setup I get within 10mm of using all travel. Did not hit any large drops but did run though some rough terrain, so I think I am pretty close on the correct air pressure. Might be able to drop a couple of PSI, but it is nice to have little reserve for a harsh hit.

What is the stroke on the Carbine - 2.25" / 57mm?, 17mm is about 30% sag so, it is similar is setup. Do you use the CS, what about your other settings.

mtbr member
    I'm noticing a weird notchiness in the first 10mm of travel on my Inline. I didn't notice it at first when I was doing the initial setup, but now it's fairly obvious. Has anybody else noticed this?

Probably doesn't matter, but I'm on an Intense Carbine 275.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    I'm noticing a weird notchiness in the first 10mm of travel on my Inline. I didn't notice it at first when I was doing the initial setup, but now it's fairly obvious. Has anybody else noticed this?

I noticed the same on both the DBAIR CS and DBInline (Enduro 29). You can't feel it on a ride, but when setting sag and cycling the rear (pushing down with forearm) it is there. To be fair, I also notice this on a Float X on my Bronson.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
    Has anyone put volume spacers in yet?
    I have. Very easy to do. I don't have a before/after comparison though because the CC recommendation was to ride it with 1 large spacer for the E29 and I wanted to verify there was already on in there. There wasn't so I installed one before riding.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

I notice it to when setting sag but not riding, i think i read somewhere it has something todo with the negativ air spring.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Took mine out for a first ride last night round the commonwealth course. I'm pretty bloody impressed with it. Wrote a few words down in my blog if you are interested.

Cane Creek DB inline first ride review | MTB mumblings

Going to have a fiddle with the settings the next dry day we have here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I bought mine from TFT tuned aswell, but i have to say the tuning setup they did was not great.
    Made some Changes and it feels good. Going to try Knolly:s basetune since it's not been availible Before.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I bought mine from TFT tuned aswell, but i have to say the tuning setup they did was not great.
    Made some Changes and it feels good. Going to try Knolly:s basetune since it's not been availible Before.
    what did you have to change? was the air pressure different in the previous shock?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rideitall View Post
    What is the stroke on the Carbine - 2.25" / 57mm?, 17mm is about 30% sag so, it is similar is setup. Do you use the CS, what about your other settings.
    Yea, 2.25", so 30% sag. I'm wondering if I'm actually not reserving anything for the really big hits. I did some 3ft to semi-flat drops and used 99% of travel. There was maybe 1-2mm of travel left on the other side of the o ring. I could put another 5-10psi in the air spring, and take away some more HSC possibly.

My settings are:
    HSC: 1.5
    HSR: 2
    LSC: 5
    LSR: 5

I basically took the base tune provided and backed down the LSR and LSC based on a recommendation from CC. Then after doing some test rides, I noticed a bit of chatter so I took the HSC down half a turn. It feels pretty awesome. I haven't experimented further as I had a race, so I just left it. Got the 5 day Crested Butte enduro coming up, so I think I'm just going to leave it and play/tune more when I come back east.

I've been using the CS switch only for true XC stuff and on the transfer stages at last weekend's enduro.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by POAH View Post
    what did you have to change? was the air pressure different in the previous shock?
    Air pressure was a little lower in my FOX CTD. 190 psi

TFT tuned it as followed.(from fully open)
    HSC 1/2 Turn
    LSC 4 clicks
    HSR 4 turns
    LSR 12 clicks

After tinkering i ended up with.
    HSC 1 turn
    LSC 7 clicks
    HSR 2,5 turns
    LSR 9 clicks

Knolly (recommended start):
    HSC: 1.75
    LSC: 4
    HSR: 2.25
    LSR: 11

I already was thinking about adding more HSC since it bottoms out a little to easy. And the LSC i upped since i like less pedal bob. The HSR and HSC on TFT tuned tune was off, the bike had no pop att all and bottomed out just bunny hopping with the sag set to 30%.

mtbr member
    So TF Tuned gets this shock a few weeks ago and instantly evaluates it, wont sell it to riders who would need to run greater than 180 PSI and poorly tunes it for lighter riders.

Cane Creek has tested it over a period of years and has major bike manufactures such as Specialized on board and selling it on new bikes right now. Seems likely they would have noticed that it had a flaw as major as this.
    Last edited by pablobell; 08-21-2014 at 09:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pablobell View Post
    So TF Tuned gets this shock a few weeks ago and instantly evaluates it, wont sell it to riders who would need to run greater than 180 PSI and poorly tunes it for lighter riders.

Cane Creek has tested it over a period of years and has major bike manufactures such as Specialized on board and selling it on new bikes right now. Seems likely they would have noticed that it had a flaw as major as this.
    I had no problem dealing or buying a DB inline from TFT tune and customer service was great, The tune was not. I did preeorder one. I have a ride weight about 210lbs and TFT tuned know that since they asked.
    Some guy at on the knolly forum said they claimed it to have rebound issues with pressures over 200psi, and that they experienced the same with the DB air CS. I Think it's wierd because i haven't read anywhere about rebound issues and not being able to slow it down enough on any cane Creek DB shocks.

Had you contacted TFT tuned and they denied Selling it to you because you are a heavier rider?

mtbr member

Normal it is the negative spring.

The explanation I read was something along lines of 'the notch sensation about 5-10mm into the travel is the point at which the negative spring pressure is equal to the positive spring. It is not noticeable when riding'

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Can anyone compare the DB Inline to a Monarch? I have a 140mm on my 2014 KHS 6500 and it's kinda lackluster in comparison to my 150mm Pike, I wonder if it would be worth the dollars.

What I'd like to improve is response when climbing without having to lock it all the time. Now I either put up with excessive compression or I lock it, ProPedal works okay but makes the ride too firm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Can anyone compare the DB Inline to a Monarch? I have a 140mm on my 2014 KHS 6500 and it's kinda lackluster in comparison to my 150mm Pike, I wonder if it would be worth the dollars.

What I'd like to improve is response when climbing without having to lock it all the time. Now I either put up with excessive compression or I lock it, ProPedal works okay but makes the ride too firm.
    the Climb switch is better than the compression switch on the monarch. I had a 2014 monarch plus on my bike previous. it slows down compression without being too hard. the main difference is that the inline is tuned more to you where as the monarch is a standard tune so may not suit everyone.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

DBinline setup info (long response)

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    ... My settings are:
    HSC: 1.5
    LSC: 5
    LSR: 5 ...
    Interesting that there is so much difference in the recommended setup on two different multi-link bikes (Intense VPP and Giant Maestro) with similar ratios.

For my ride last night, I simply eye-balled the sag as being close enough, but then did make some changes to the setup. The base or recommended tune for the Trance
    HSC: 2
    HSR: 7
    LSC: 2
    LSR: 10

I am set at something like:
    HSC: 2.25
    HSR: 11
    LSC: 2.25
    LSR: 12

Will need to verify the exact setup I have right now, seems to work very well for me.

I did a ride last night that was climbing based, involving quite technical climbs with set-ups on the climbing that ranged from 10" to 15" ledges along with lots of roots and rocks. The bike was stable when either sitting or standing on climbs and without any changes felt nice and plush on descents. Left the CS in the off position.

What really let me know I had the setup right was toward the end of the ride when I was starting to get really bagged and hit a pretty sharp g-out and the bottom of a small descent. I manage to loft the front end a little as I hit the g-out, but was pretty much sitting on the seat as the rear of the bike hit it. Guess what, the bike and shock just handled it, the compression damping did its job on helping slow the compression without being harsh and the rebound was spot on in that it did rebound out of it nicely without getting bucked and was ready for the rootball section that followed.

If I had tried that with the Float CTD, it would have either packed up on the rootball section right after the g-out or I would have been catapulted from the rebound on the g-out.

It is so nice to be able to dial in a shock to work like this. Haven't had any extended DH type runs to see if it stays consistent or handles the heat build up, but I am confident that it will work just fine, at least for my needs and capabilities.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rideitall View Post
    Interesting that there is so much difference in the recommended setup on two different multi-link bikes (Intense VPP and Giant Maestro) with similar ratios.

For my ride last night, I simply eye-balled the sag as being close enough, but then did make some changes to the setup. The base or recommended tune for the Trance
    HSR: 7
    LSC: 2

I am set at something like:
    HSR: 11
    LSC: 2.25

Will need to verify the exact setup I have right now, seems to work very well for me.

I did a ride last night that was climbing based, involving quite technical climbs with set-ups on the climbing that ranged from 10" to 15" ledges along with lots of roots and rocks. The bike was stable when either sitting or standing on climbs and without any changes felt nice and plush on descents. Left the CS in the off position.

What really let me know I had the setup right was toward the end of the ride when I was starting to get really bagged and hit a pretty sharp g-out and the bottom of a small descent. I manage to loft the front end a little as I hit the g-out, but was pretty much sitting on the seat as the rear of the bike hit it. Guess what, the bike and shock just handled it, the compression damping did its job on helping slow the compression without being harsh and the rebound was spot on in that it did rebound out of it nicely without getting bucked and was ready for the rootball section that followed.

If I had tried that with the Float CTD, it would have either packed up on the rootball section right after the g-out or I would have been catapulted from the rebound on the g-out.

It is so nice to be able to dial in a shock to work like this. Haven't had any extended DH type runs to see if it stays consistent or handles the heat build up, but I am confident that it will work just fine, at least for my needs and capabilities.
    You must have mixed something up in writing down your settings. HSC and HSR only have 4,5 turns, LSC and LSR have 18 clicks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    You must have mixed something up in writing down your settings. HSC and HSR only have 4,5 turns, LSC and LSR have 18 clicks.
    Yes, I did mix the numbers. I had copied the post by trhoppe, but was using the format from the CC base tune page.

The Cane Creek base tune is:
    LSC: 7

The settings I have arrived at with approx 14-15mm sag are:
    LSC: 11
    HSR: 2.25

With this setup I used all but the last 1/4" (7mm to 8mm) of travel on the shock. That leaves a little in reserve for a larger hit. Maybe I can back up the HSC 1/4 turn. Will leave as is for the next few rides and get a better feeling for it.

Hopefully that makes sense.

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013

New inline Double Barrel Cane Creek

Will they ever make one for 160mm bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by v0n View Post
    What frame has a 160mm travel without room for a PB shock?
    Ibis Mojo 3
    Carver 420 TI
    Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    If the shock size is available in DB inline, then there should not be a problem using it.

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    What frame has a 160mm travel without room for a PB shock?
    Norco range killer b xs frame

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013

If the shock size is available in DB inline, then there should not be a problem using it.
    Gotcha. Sorry if its a dumb question but the dimension are 8.5x2.48 or something like that vs 8.5x2.5... I would loose travel if I used this shock no?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Gotcha. Sorry if its a dumb question but the dimension are 8.5x2.48 or something like that vs 8.5x2.5... I would loose travel if I used this shock no?
    The shocks sizes are usually standardized. what shock is on the bike now?
    Use the fit finder on cane creek website.
    Cane Creek Double Barrel and DBAIR Shock Fit Finder

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Ive used it and it tell me it fits

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    For all intents and purposes, 8.5x2.48 = 8.5x2.5. Measurement error.

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    For all intents and purposes, 8.5x2.48 = 8.5x2.5. Measurement error.
    ,thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member

I have a 3 year old Spider 29 which I decided to upgrade. I bought a Pike RTC3 140 , 142x12 axle and drop outs , Roval SL Fatties and the DB Inline. The Pike replaced a Reba 140 RLT, the DB Inline replaced a Monarch RT3 which replaced the broken Fox RPL. I also have some I9 Enduro's and love them, I was an early adopter of I9 wheels and have them on a few bikes. I'll use the I9's on more shuttle service riding and ledgier terrain with some burlier tires probably Hans Dampf's The Roval's have Nobby Nics.

Here's my suspension set up at 155lbs. riding weight:
    • Pike RCT3 140, 3 bottomless tokens, 55 psi 30ish% sag,
    • 5 clicks FFO LSC
    • 5 clicks FFO rebound.
    • DB Inline 190 x 50, 120 mil travel, 1@ large volume spacer in the can (the whole spacer), 120 psi 15 mil sag, 30%
    • 1.5 turns HSC
    • 6 clicks LSC
    • 2.25 turns HSR
    • 7 clicks LSR

She's really feeling good and I'm taking off on a week+ bike trip this Saturday! Here she is as she sits at 27.5 lbs. A very capable bike especially for the her weight!
    Last edited by manitou2200; 08-29-2014 at 06:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Sounds like most people are impressed with the DBinline thus far
    I'm looking at upgrading the Monarch RT3 on a 2014 Giant Trance. Coming off a 2011 Commencal Meta 55 with Fox RP23 I've been really unimpressed with the Monarch...

Both bikes are 140mm, but the Giant with Monarch feels nothing short of skittish. No doubt part of this is suspension design (Meta is basically a mini DH bike design), but I'm quite sure the shock is underperforming. Also did a few short DH runs (2 minute track) on a fairly mild track, the rebound damping went to essentially zero on the Monarch. I could feel it on the bike, and confirmed off the bike at the end... Never anything like that sort of damping loss riding longer/faster/rougher stuff with the RP23.

Anyhow, I'm looking at going to the DBinline as I really want to make the most of what is otherwise a well sorted bike. For those that have already installed this shock on the Trance, what hardware is required? I sent the chaps at CC an email, and they said only the lower mount hardware is required (22mm x 8mm), as the upper stuff is part of the frame (built in axle with roller bearings I believe). Seems 22.1 x 8 is the closest available for the lower mount, so I'm assuming that's what they meant...

Thanks

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC90 View Post
    I'm looking at upgrading the Monarch RT3 on a 2014 Giant Trance. Coming off a 2011 Commencal Meta 55 with Fox RP23 I've been really unimpressed with the Monarch...

Both bikes are 140mm, but the Giant with Monarch feels nothing short of skittish. No doubt part of this is suspension design (Meta is basically a mini DH bike design), but I'm quite sure the shock is underperforming. Also did a few short DH runs (2 minute track) on a fairly mild track, the rebound damping went to essentially zero on the Monarch. I could feel it on the bike, and confirmed off the bike at the end... Never anything like that sort of damping loss riding longer/faster/rougher stuff with the RP23.

Anyhow, I'm looking at going to the DBinline as I really want to make the most of what is otherwise a well sorted bike. For those that have already installed this shock on the Trance, what hardware is required? I sent the chaps at CC an email, and they said only the lower mount hardware is required (22mm x 8mm), as the upper stuff is part of the frame (built in axle with roller bearings I believe). Seems 22.1 x 8 is the closest available for the lower mount, so I'm assuming that's what they meant...

Thanks
    I haven't installed this shock on my Trance, but tried to use an X-Fusion Vector Air HLR on it (unsuccessfully).

You can use the hardware on your Monarch. No other thing necessary.
    The lower mount does NOT require hardware at all, heck, the eyelet doesn't even has a bushing. It all rolls on one of the main pivots' bearings. PITA to access to.
    The upper part is the 22mm stuff. Don't sweat 0.1mm unless you are looking at bearing kits.

My Trance feels pretty much "meh" with a Fox CTD. All brands make crap shocks. EDIT... Maybe not CC, but their former air-damped shocks were not really brilliant either.

You can also go for a Float X or Monarch Plus if you are not set on the InLine, but at retail prices is hard not to go with the CC one.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC90 View Post

Thanks
    Yeah, I'm impressed with the shock so far, I'll really get to asses it in the next week or so on a riding trip. Cane Creek supplies the mounting hardware as part of the price. I'm not sure why so many here are not supplied with the CC hardware when they purchased their Inline through a dealer. It's nice Norglide hardware and should help the shock do it's job a bite easier especially on the link attachment. The Inline has more oil than the Fox Float or Monarch and the oil in the dampening circuits flows thought the top forged circuits with the adjusters at the top of the shock which is a heat sink also and helps to cool the oil.

I actually like the Monarch quite a bit more than the Fox RP3 and RPL's I had on my Spider 29. I was going to put a Debonair can on the Monarch but they are still not shipping the Debonair upgrade kits yet. I may still get one when they are available and see if I can get the compression shim stack opened up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I haven't installed this shock on my Trance, but tried to use an X-Fusion Vector Air HLR on it (unsuccessfully).

The lower mount does NOT require hardware at all, heck, the eyelet doesn't even has a bushing. It all rolls on one of the main pivots' bearings. PITA to access to.
    The upper part is the 22mm stuff. Don't sweat 0.1mm unless you are looking at bearing kits.

My Trance feels pretty much "meh" with a Fox CTD. All brands make crap shocks. EDIT... Maybe not CC, but their former air-damped shocks were not really brilliant either.

You can also go for a Float X or Monarch Plus if you are not set on the InLine, but at retail prices is hard not to go with the CC one.
    The Fox and RS are not junk they are just tuned from the manufacturers with excessive compression dampening to (sort of) work with a variety of dual link bikes using a M/M tune. It makes them less responsive at slow speed bump compliance and kind of dead feeling. The great thing about these Inline's is ease of tuning all aspects of the shock performance especially if you already have a pretty good base tune to start with. I used the Spider Comp BT which has 10 mil more travel and a 2.6:1 LR vs. the 2.4:1 LR of my Spider 29 AL. So I tweaked the tune from there. I backed off the LSC and added a little bit of HSC and HSR. You need to use the CC hardware on these shocks, I mean they supply it as part of the price, so why wouldn't you? It's nice hardware!

The other thing with these Inline's is they have a XV air can standard so pretty much every trail bike out there that can use these shocks needs to use some of the air can volume spacers to make the air spring more progressive towards the end stroke to tune for bottom out. That's 5 levels of adjustment vs. 2 or maybe 3 on most other shocks that would compete with the Inline.
    Last edited by manitou2200; 08-30-2014 at 06:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

Thanks for the info. So to confirm, I shouldn't need to purchase any hardware with the shock to install? The lower mount is part of the bike and the top stuff will be the same for both the CC and RS shock?

I se the lower mount/pivot is a it of an odd setup, which I presume you are mean to to use special tools for...? Can it also be done with an appropriately sized spanner or shifter?

Regarding the actual shock performance/choice, I had also looked at the Monarch Plus/Fox options, but for the relatively small price difference I would have thought the CC should be a slightly better thing...

mtbr member
    Yes your mounting hardware understanding is correct. You only need an open ended wrench and an Allen/hex key to remove the pivot bolt at the bottom, same as the top.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast