mtbr member
    Feb 2005

new fork for trek liquid 20 R7 or Minute 2?

Had seals and service on the stock Rock Shox pyslo XC last Feb but starting to leak again. Looking at either 06 Manitou Minute 2 or the 06 R7. Good closeoust prices on both. I ride XC in NJ (roots, rocks small climbs, tight twisty single track, etc.) and always leave uturn set at 100 and no real need for a lockout as there are no real extended climbs. Have brought weight of bike down a good amount with upgrades. Would the lighter R7 throw off the balance of the heavier frame? Would I benifit from the more gizmo's the Minute has? Any opinions would be great. Thanks.

Singletrack Addict!!!
    For that frame I'd go with the Minute. As long as it's the 130mm model or the one with adjustable travel if you have the need for it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden
    For that frame I'd go with the Minute. As long as it's the 130mm model or the one with adjustable travel if you have the need for it.
    I fully agree. Your original fork is 125mm. if I'm correct. The Manitou R7 is a racing bike fork (Maximum travel is 100mm). The Minute is a great fork.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I also agree,
    But for a light weight 100mm Xc fork,the R7 is hard to beat.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Decisions, decisions....

R7 closeout price is a bit cheaper than the minute 2 also. I bet either would be pretty darn OK. I could just do the seals on the Pyslo too as I've had no issues with it other than the small leak. Thanks for the input.

Was that a Bobcat?
    If you were on a Fuel I would say go for the R7, however since you are on the Liquid I am with the others and say you go for the Minute. It would be a more appropriate fork for the bike you are riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Had 2 Minutes, both blew, on a Liquid 10. But maybe I just ride hard. Actually I do, but not that hard, I don't do drops or jumps, just local trails here around Denver, and neither lasted 6 months. I eventually went Marzoccci.

MattSavage
    I'd put a Nixon on it. When I demo'd a Liquid, I thought the HA was a little too steep.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....