mtbr member

New Fork Please Read (2006 Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro - mod title edit)

Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro Suspension Fork 2006
    found it cheap, anyone know if it's good saclae from 1 to 10?
    1 1/18" steerer tube, Steerer length 180mm. What does this mean, I have specialized hardrock sport 2007. Any one know if it would fit?

Help needed!
    Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
    you only get experience after you needed it

mtbr member
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2006_fro...t_126466.shtml

The reviews here at mtbr seem to give it above average chilis. I've not had any experience with that fork so I can't tell ya. As to your other questions. The 1 1/8" steertube is the diameter. That will fit on your Hardrock. The 180mm is the length of the steertube (the "tube" that slides up into your bike's headtube) and is held in place by the headset. The top section is what your stem attaches to.

I'm not sure how long of a steerer length you need for your bike. It depends on your bike size and how many spacers you may have. If you're not familiar with how to do it all, I recommend taking it (as well as your bike) to a local bike shop and have them cut the steertube to the correct length, and install the new fork.
    Sonoran Desert Mountain Bicyclists - www.sdmb.org
    Board member Web Guru

------
    www.tucsonmtb.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeperson
    Steerer length 180mm. What does this mean, I have specialized hardrock sport 2007. Any one know if it would fit?
    180mm is a little on the short side but not terrible. It's the length from the crown of the fork to just under the top of your stem (about one-eighth inch below the top of your stem). You definately should measure your bike before buying. The length of your head tube, your headset, your stem, and any spacers you may want to use add up to your steerer tube length requirement. Best way would be to remove your current fork and measure the steerer tube on that. that's assuming you will be using the same stem and spacers as your current setup, otherwise adjust for any changes.
    I think mine are generally around 190 to 210mm, but I will usually have a spacer or two in there (10 to 20mm).
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    thanks for help! I looked at more reviews and didn't seem to get great reviews...
    I'll keep looking thanks again!
    thanks for answering about steerer tube !
    you only get experience after you needed it