OriginalDonk

New Cane Creek Double Barrel Air CS (Climb Switch)

Looks like Cane Creek just announced their new Cane Creek Double Barrel Air CS (Climb Switch). It sounds like they've added a lever to flip that will provide platform via LSC and LSR for extended climbs. Sounds to me like one of the two complaints I've heard about the CCDBA, the absence of a lock out, might be addressed here.

"With the new CS version of the DB Cane Creek have added another two low speed damping circuits, bringing the overall total up from four to six. The four previous circuits (LSC, LSR, HSC & HSR) work in exactly the same way as before, but they are now joined by an extra LSC and LSR which are engaged via the new ‘CS’. With the switch turned off your shock works exactly like a non-CS shock, but when you switch it on it engages the two new circuits, which in turn increases both the low speed compression and low speed rebound damping."

Info here:

Cane Creek release their new Double Barrel CS rear shock | Dirt

mtbr member
    Hydraulic stiffen up rather than a lockout, which is good, the L word makes me want to zip tie two by fours to people's legs and see how they like it.

On paper it sounds very Creek/Ohlins, well thought out, not like everyone else's. No doubt it'll be well made too, but I think the normal one will better for most people still.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    It's good to see companies acknowledging the importance of added rebound damping for "climb mode" settings. If only some fork manufacturers would take note.