Natty Dread

New 2011 Rockshox Revelation RLT Ti bushing play issue

Bought a 2011 RS Revelation RLT Ti for my 2012 Stumpy to replace the Float RL. Very fired up about the positive reviews on this fork and upping my travel to 150mm along with the compression damper. In less than 30 days of owning this fork, it developed significant bushing play. The slop was so bad it felt like the brake mount was loose. Yes I checked and had my shop check and they were baffled by how bad the fork felt. They took it up with RS and RS only agreed to replace the lowers not the fork. So, I am stuck with having to pay a shock overhaul to get the lowers installed at $75. My assumption is most of RS's customers are not qualified to install lowers on a fork. They refused to send a new fork. Not very happy with RS. It'd be one thing if this developed an issue over 6 months of use but it seems this fork was shot out of the box. Not happy. Have been dealing with a lot of out of the box defects from Easton Wheels, Specialized on my Stumpy and now RS. Seems like it might be time to get a rigid, belt drive single speed. Or I guess I could buy $500 worth of tools and a stand and set up my own bike shop in my house.

What?
    75 bucks to switch lowers!? You are getting ripped off. Its a 20 minute job that requires only s few basic tools (a couple allen wrenches) and a very little bit of oil.

Natty Dread
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    75 bucks to switch lowers!? You are getting ripped off. Its a 20 minute job that requires only s few basic tools (a couple allen wrenches) and a very little bit of oil.

I'm not unaware. 1st issue is that it's the SF Bay Area and shops are bloody expensive and many go this flat rate route. They've charging me for an overhaul. 2nd issue is I didn't buy the fork through them and they have managed the warranty part on a fork they didn't sell. 3rd issue I have no tools, experience or space to do any of this. 4th they are managing an issue on the Fox rear shock also on a bike they didn't sell me. This bike normally lives out in Utah but I had to bring it out here so I could enjoy the new uprgrades I did to it. The upgrades wheels and fork have been nothing but problems. I should have bought another Yeti with their Race kit spec. Have at least 1000miles on my ASR 5 I bought last year and the only thing it's needed were brake pads, tubes and a chain. Had the susp. overhauled and it's money. Don't need to upgrade because the spec is soooo good. Specialized has great geometry and ride but their specs suck.

"El Whatever"
    Rock Shox does not deal with customer directly.

Not because people is not able to work on their stuff (they actually enforce it by having very comprehensive videos on how to service their stuff, giving away specs, part numbers, etc.) but for just not dealing with the Customer for whatever reason they have.

Yeah, it sucks... but I guess that's RS way to "support" actual bike shops by hoping/forcing customers to deal with one.
    Check my Site