Thread: Need an opinion

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Need an opinion

So I'm riding a specialize hardrock 2012 model And am lookin into a new fork the stock one has 80mm of travels and is pretty much crap already, so I have a friend who has a 2001 rockshox psylo 5in of travel brand new never used. He's selling it cheap since, he got it through a warranty issue and has not use for so by cheap I mean $50. Is it even worth my time even brand new being as old as the fork is to run it or should I just save and getting something newer for a little more $$. I'm not looking to spend a lot on a new fork because I mostly ride my DH bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridzeg8 View Post
    So I'm riding a specialize hardrock 2012 model And am lookin into a new fork the stock one has 80mm of travels and is pretty much crap already, so I have a friend who has a 2001 rockshox psylo 5in of travel brand new never used. He's selling it cheap since, he got it through a warranty issue and has not use for so by cheap I mean $50. Is it even worth my time even brand new being as old as the fork is to run it or should I just save and getting something newer for a little more $$. I'm not looking to spend a lot on a new fork because I mostly ride my DH bike.
    Can't go wrong for $50. If it has "Travel Adjust" you can lower the travel. Psylo's had their issues but you are going to have to "save a little more than $50" to get a better fork.