mtbr member

Need knowledge on 2003 Cannondale Jekyll rear shock

I am building a 2003 Cannondale Jekyll. I have a Fox Float RL Propedal rear shock for it. When I bought the shock, it said it was for my generation frame, from all of the pics I can find, it looks to be correct. But, when I test fit the shock in between the forward shock mounts and the frame, there is roughly 2 to 3mm of play on each side of the shock mounts and the frame. Is this how it is designed? I just can't seem to find a good enough pic anywhere that allows me to see if it is normal or if I have the wrong shock. If it is the correct shock, where may I find the bolts to mount the shock? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Are you sure you have a Jekyll II ? The switch from Jekyll I to Jekyll II was in 2003 if I remember correctly - and the Fox Float RL Pro Pedal only fits the Jekyll II.

I have a Jekyll II 2000 with this rear shock, can send you some pics if you want - ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Post some pictures here if you can and I will try to identify it for you..

mtbr member

Here are a few pics of what ive got.

Here are a few pics that may help with finding out if what I have is the right shock for my frame.
    In one pic you can see a few millimeters of clearance on each side of the shock mounts and the
    frame. I just wasn't sure if this was normal or not. Thanks a lot. This is my first time posting pics, so I hope they post.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    This is definitely a Jekyll II Frame, so the rear shock should fit. But maybe the bushings and bolts are not for / from a Jekyll. Other manufacturers like Corratec also used this Special design - or they are just worn out. Resolution of the pics is too low to say :-(

The original mounting bolts and bushings can be purchased separately, please have a look on page 29 of the linked pdf.
    A cannondale dealer should be able to get These parts for you..

http://digidownload.libero.it/thebik...Supplement.pdf

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Name:  jekyll shockmount kit.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  40.4 KB

thatīs what you Need (hopefully theupload worked)! :-)
    Just heard Cannondale has stopped manufacturing these parts before some years, so it could be difficult to get them..

mtbr member
    Yes, that is exactly what I need. My frame already has the bushings, so I'll be on the hunt for the bolts. Thanks a lot for your help!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Need knowledge on 2003 Cannondale Jekyll rear shock-jekyll_2000.jpg

btw: thatīs what it might look like when you are done ! ;-)

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Visual Guide To Cannondale Jekyll Generation I & II Shock and Frame Identification

For future reference:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need knowledge on 2003 Cannondale Jekyll rear shock-shock-frame-types-700.jpg  

mtbr member
    I worked on one a few months back and there was play. I snugged it down until there was no play. So there's that.

mk
    trailwerkssuspension.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I have a Manitou Swinger SPV shock from my 2004 Jekyll 1000 lying around at home. It has damage to the very end of the shock shaft that does not enter into the seal area and is therefore cosmetic, but is otherwise in good working order. It has a pedaling platform that is adjustable by adding or removing air from the SPV (stable platform valving). I also have a custom made body yoke for the Manitou. My OEM yoke cracked on both sides where the side bolts screw in so I made up a stronger aluminium yoke. I would be willing to sell it if you were interested. If anyone is interested I can post up some pictures

Lee
    Last edited by melonheaded; 02-11-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    2012 Specialized Enduro Comp XL, 2012 Giant Defy 1, 2003 Giant NRS1

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

FOX vs Manitou on Cannondale Jekyll

The body threads for the Manitou and Fox shocks are different, BTW.

Don't remember the size/pitch of either offhand, but they are not interchangeable, you need the correct yoke for each.

The part number for the FOX yoke was KF015, don't know the number for the Manitou yoke.

For future reference:

Need knowledge on 2003 Cannondale Jekyll rear shock-jekyll-shock-types-rev-1.00.jpg

Cannondale's manual for the Manitou is at: http://media.cannondale.com/media/Ma...plement_en.pdf

Manitou's manual for the shock is at: http://www.manitoumtb.com/wp-content...ers-Manual.pdf

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I have an 04 Jekyll v2, and I really need a shock, So if anyone has one please click on my name and shoot me an email. I have the trunnion for a fox shock, so if you have a manitou I will be needing that as well. Thanks for the help!