Awesome Man

Need help with a Rock Shox Bar Adjust

I weigh 195 lbs and I keep having probelms with the rear shock on my Sugar 4 +. The thing won't budge! The only way I can keep it from being like a brick is to lower the psi to around 60 which is way below what RS recommends. Is this safe? For newbie reasons (first fs) I keep it at the minum recommended setting (100psi) but that just makes my bike feel like a hardtail which takes it's toll on my bum. has anyone else had this problem with this shock. Oh and yes I know this shock is basically worthless but being a poor college kid, I can't really look to upgrade, unless someone wants to give to charity Anyway please help if you guys can

mtbr member
    Sorry to bring back a thread from the dead, but I am having the exact same problem. Can anyone else chime in that knows more about this issue? I have the same bike 2005 Sugar 4+ with the same shock, and at the recommended setting for me (185psi) i can't get the thing to budge. It is also on the long travel setting 4.1" instead of the 2.6" ... Mine when i bought it had 50psi in it and it felt good, but thought I would adjust it to what it called for, but now with it not moving at all, I'm thinking about dropping it back down, but don't want to damage the shock... Thanks in advance!