mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Need help deciding between '08 or '09 Reba Race Dual Air

Hi all. I am in the market to purchase a Rockshox Reba shock and need help deciding between the '08 or '09 race dual air shock. I can get either shock for the same price but am unsure if the '09 offers anything better than the '08. The first thing I noticed is the '09 is post mount vs. the '08 being IS. From what I have read on the forums the IS mount system is preffered over post mount. Is there anything else I should know? Any major differences? Thanks in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Reba

I have the 09 and am really happy with it.
    Here is what BTI has to say.

Updated, Long-Travel Dual Air spring system (positive/negative) with external Schrader valves
    Internally adjustable travel between 120mm / 100mm / 80mm with All-Travel spacer system (stock travel listed first)
    BlackBox (Ti spring tube) MotionControl hydraulic damping with external compression+lockout, dual-flow rebound and floodgate adjusters (remote, handlebar mount "PL" PushLoc available on listed models)
    1-1/8" threadless, custom butted aluminum steerer with a forged, hollow AL66-TV alloy crown assembly
    Updated 32mm 7000-series straightwall aluminum stanchions with low friction anodization
    Updated 1-piece magnesium lower legs with Power Bulge reinforcement in lower bushing area and either 20x110mm Maxle-Lite thru-axle or 9x100mm quick-release dropouts, disc brake only (74mm/6"): 2.4" tire OK , 2009 models offer up to 120mm of travel.