mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Need Help 2005 Enduro 130 Shock

So I have a 2005 Specialized Enduro 130, which actually has the 2002-2004 model frame with a Fox Float R on it. The Float works fine and has treated me well the last five years, but I feel compelled to try something new. One thing that I have never enjoyed about the bike is the squishy pedaling. Its not horrible, and if I stay seated I can climb alright, but I thought it might be fun to try an updated shock like the RP23 instead.

The stock shock is 7.625x2, which is an odd size, so I figured I could try a 7.825x2 and flip the flip-flop link to keep the geometry close to where I like it. My one big question is can this shock fit given the tight clearance for the eye-bolt on the frame? Right now, it is almost impossible to adjust the rebound becuase of the way the shock mounts, so I am concerned that the blue propedal switch would not function due to getting hung up on the frame.

Has anybody here ever tried this configuration? Any pictures? Your help would be greatly appritiated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Sorry I can't be more specific than this, but I used to have a 2004 Enduro, like yours, and I ended up running a coil damper - the old Fox Vanilla without the piggy back. I mention this only because when I got it from Mojo, the UK importers for Fox, they said you can indeed run a slightly longer eye to eye and stroke and therefore get a little more travel.
    I can't be more specific so you should investigate what will and won't work. Mojo might be the best place to start: +44 01633 615 815

waiting for a piece (.45)
    I'm not sure how creative you are but here is an idea:

The RP23 probably won't fit because of the knob clearance issues you mention. You may be able to setup a pair of remote knobs for the handlebar. Not that I've done this, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility.

How about an X-Fusion?