mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Need help with '03 Fox float RL Shock

Hi,

I recently bought an 03 Stumpjumper with the Fox Float RL with lockout and rebound adjustment.

The shock does not hold air pressure therefore the lockout and rebound ajustment don't work..

I was wondering if air sleeve maintenance recommended on the Fox website would be enough to get my shock and its lockout to work proprely. I don't think the shock was ever serviced...

So I guess my question is should I send it somewhere to have it fully rebuilt now or do the air sleeve maintenance and then see if its OK.

Thanks for the help!

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    If you were looking for more performance out of it then I would send it to PUSH IND......if you end goal is just for it to hold air so you can ride then the air sleeve rebuild kit would be the trick.

http://www.pushindustries.com/produc...tle=Components

http://www.pushindustries.com/servic...20Air%20Shocks

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    yeah i've heard from Push...

But do you think the air sleeve rebuild will make my lockout work again?

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by guillaumevfournier
    yeah i've heard from Push...

But do you think the air sleeve rebuild will make my lockout work again?
    The lockout is in the oil circuit not the air chamber. Anyway, when you send it to push they remove the lockout feature.......and when I sent my Float AVA RL for their service they removed the lockout but frankly I didn't need it anymore.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    OK but what would you recommend to have the lockout work again? If I specifically ask push to rebuild the shock so the lockout could work, could they do it...

but since its pretty expensive (150 + s/h from and to canada) its almost worth it to buy another shock

any suggestions on that.

I know PUSH make your shock better than stock but I really enjoy the lockout feature since I sometimes ride in flat xc trails and it helps a lot on the climbs.

Thanks

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by guillaumevfournier
    OK but what would you recommend to have the lockout work again? If I specifically ask push to rebuild the shock so the lockout could work, could they do it...

but since its pretty expensive (150 + s/h from and to canada) its almost worth it to buy another shock

any suggestions on that.

I know PUSH make your shock better than stock but I really enjoy the lockout feature since I sometimes ride in flat xc trails and it helps a lot on the climbs.

Thanks
    With their factory tuning system they ad propedal so no real need for a lockout, but they do offer just a factory rebuild. I would contact them.