I think we should go back
    Nov 2008

My marzocchi bomber mz comp fork stiff all of the sudden?

I have the marzzochi bomber mz comp fork and in the morning I was doing 3 foot drops to flat around my neighbor hood and the travel was about 10mm from bottoming out on the 3 footer and the landing felt good...Then I was taking 6 inch high bumps prety fast and it still felt good. But now all of the sudden when I go off the ledge the fork compresses like half way and the landings are hard. When I put all my weight on the fork it doesnt compress as much as it normally does. The temperature is about the same like 45 degrees. Then I wiped down the stanchions and wiped the seals and still the fork is stiff. The fork also sounds like a tiny bit creaky if yo put your ear next to it and compress it. I did tape a lot of 3 footers to flat and go up the high part of the curb kind of fast. The adjustment knob is all the way loose also.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    Mz comp is a very simple fork, if your mechanically compitent, you should be able to take it apart, and see whats wrong, or broken, just be aware it should be pretty greasy in there, and try to be a bit smoother on those extreme 3 footers to flat.

Nov 2008
    Why do you say extreme 3 footers to flat?

Also I have never oiled the stanchions or anything do you think the seals might be dry or something?

Nov 2008
    Anyone?