Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Can it be moved to a fairly locked out feel?

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeg1999 View Post
    Can it be moved to a fairly locked out feel?
    Yes. It gives slightly more low speed compression support than a fox pro-pedal shock. It also adds in low speed rebound, so it feels better controlled on the trail.
    It is not a full rigid lock out if that's what you wanted.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    That's good news.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    The climb switch on the Inline activates a ramped valve in the shock controlling both slow speed compression and rebound. You can adjust the level of support based on how far you move the climb switch. This is handy for climbing technical terrain where you want just a little extra support with out being fully locked out. I use the half way position all the time paired with the trail mode on my fork.
    thanks thats pretty sweet. really excited about this shock

mtbr member
    May 2016
    For those that have purchased the recent Inline from Jenson, have those ones been having similar issues as posted in this thread? Or have the new internals solved those issues?

I am waiting for one to ship, but just noticed this thread and am a little leery of starting a warranty debacle.

My Jenson one had the new internals. I pulled it apart to check. 300 miles and no issues so far.
    Keeping my fox as a backup so I can always ride.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Cool thanks! Ya it was your talk in the TB3 thread that got me excited about the shock.

Probably worth it for me to use it I reckon (with the Fox as backup). Think it is worth it to take apart and verify new parts? Is that easy?

Also, you mentioned in the TB3 thread that the needle bearing upgrade is only needed on the lower bolt - did you use the Fox hardware on the other end or would I need to buy CC hardware for that end?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    My Jenson one had the new internals. I pulled it apart to check. 300 miles and no issues so far.
    Keeping my fox as a backup so I can always ride.
    How do you check if it has the new internals?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_240 View Post

The easiest and risk free way would be to call/email cane creek and give them the serial number off the shock. Jenson isn't doing the updates on their own, CC would have to know. As finicky as these shocks are the last thing I would want to do is crack it open and try to figure it out myself. We all have to face the fact we bought a non-user serviceable shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

Quote Originally Posted by alex-henson View Post
    Cool thanks! Ya it was your talk in the TB3 thread that got me excited about the shock.

Probably worth it for me to use it I reckon (with the Fox as backup). Think it is worth it to take apart and verify new parts? Is that easy?

Also, you mentioned in the TB3 thread that the needle bearing upgrade is only needed on the lower bolt - did you use the Fox hardware on the other end or would I need to buy CC hardware for that end?
    It uses the same hardware as the fox shock.

Quote Originally Posted by neil_240 View Post

You need a strap wrench to take off the air can so you can add spacers. I simply used the same strap wrench to undo the inner air can too. push it down over the inner seal and you can see the seal head. Mine was the new color, so I put it back together. If you're ordering a 184x44, than 99% sure its got the new internals as they ran out out of the old parts months ago..
    I will service my shock when if it fails after a year. I rebuild fit dampers and service rear fox shocks including the nitrogen champers. I like to tinker with this stuff, but CC makes it hard not offering any parts for the inlines.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Holy crap I can't believe people are still spending their hard earned money on CC shocks. In less than 3 seasons I've been through 3 DB inlines and am now on my second DB Air CS that CC 'upgraded' me to for $150 extra. I'm just waiting for this one to fail, at which point I'll be back to contacting CC customer service for another replacement. Although when his happens, the replacement will go straight to eBay and I'll be getting a Fox.

This shock is great when it works but this thread should be enough for anyone to know what they're getting themselves into. My original CC Inline came on my sweet new bike - I didn't know any different. It was only after the fact that I learned how 'awesome' and 'tunable' these CC shocks were. Well that's all great on paper but when they can't stand up to the abuse of an almost 40 yr old guy with 2 kids that rides twice a week if I'm lucky for a pretty short season (Montana), and it's a shock that no LBS can service, forget it. I'm out. Good luck if you opt to go this route.

Sorry CC, I've given you every benefit of the doubt. I've bitten my tongue for as long as I can. I wanted to believe in this product but clearly you have some further R&D before these shocks are ready for production. I'm tired of being a product tester that is paying to test your products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I didn't see this thread prior to purchase. And came to ask after I saw it. Did you have a new inline with new internals that failed also?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Curious what bike and shock size is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwards151 View Post
    Holy crap I can't believe people are still spending their hard earned money on CC shocks. In less than 3 seasons I've been through 3 DB inlines and am now on my second DB Air CS that CC 'upgraded' me to for $150 extra. I'm just waiting for this one to fail, at which point I'll be back to contacting CC customer service for another replacement. Although when his happens, the replacement will go straight to eBay and I'll be getting a Fox.

This shock is great when it works but this thread should be enough for anyone to know what they're getting themselves into. My original CC Inline came on my sweet new bike - I didn't know any different. It was only after the fact that I learned how 'awesome' and 'tunable' these CC shocks were. Well that's all great on paper but when they can't stand up to the abuse of an almost 40 yr old guy with 2 kids that rides twice a week if I'm lucky for a pretty short season (Montana), and it's a shock that no LBS can service, forget it. I'm out. Good luck if you opt to go this route.

Sorry CC, I've given you every benefit of the doubt. I've bitten my tongue for as long as I can. I wanted to believe in this product but clearly you have some further R&D before these shocks are ready for production. I'm tired of being a product tester that is paying to test your products.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Ibis Mojo HDR. Not sure if my last DB Inline had the new internals. It was June of 2016 that CC swapped it for a DB Air CS which was supposed to be a 'burlier' (CC's words) shock cause apparently I needed that...lol. I rode that shock basically July and August. Then it was on a spring trip this year, less than 50hrs on the new shock, that the thing was stuck partway down. Of course none of the local shops in Fruita could fix it so I was stuck riding a defective shock that kinda worked or shell out for something new. I'm riding the replacement DB Air now and yes, it's buttery smooth, but for how long.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Having a yoke is the issue on your bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by POAH View Post
    Having a yoke is the issue on your bike.
    Pretty sure he has a 26" wheeled HDR which has no Yoke.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Running it 650b. I don't know what a yoke is. CC seems to have no problem spec-ing their shocks on this bike. Custom tunes and all. I'm no engineer and seems that I shouldn't have to be to select a shock for my bike that the manufactures say will fit and work.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Just googled yoke. Pretty sure my frame doesn't have one

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwards151 View Post

Quoted because I have a similar history with Cane Creek shocks. My opinion is that CC uses the customers for durability testing, and doesn't use proper QC during manufacture.

Notice how CC stuff is on clearance sales everywhere? That's what happens when you sell overhyped, overpriced, under designed products. Their designs have tons of potential, but aren't developed enough for reliable use by regular customers.

Keep a spare shock..

old timer retro grouch...
    Mine is about 6 months old and I added a volume space. Now it makes a louder and harsher sound. When I opened it up a few CCs of oil leaked out.

Are either of these a problem?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345